OTA options in apt building

It cost me about $8 to build a stealth hawk. Extremely simple and really the only tools you need is a drill to straighten the copper and screw in the screws. Give it a shot.

In my previous post, I mis-stated the wire size. Being in to much of a hurry, I said #2 solid copper wire, when I should of said #12. Sorry, for the incorrect post and I will report to the wall for my lashings.

I will add to FaT Air's comments about the Stealth Hawk. I just built one out of Number 2 solid copper wire, that is 6" x 8" x 15" and was really surprised by how well it worked. I even did a little mobile testing and on top of a hill, I was able to get a NBC station its subchannel CW from a bit over a hundred miles. The cost is minimal and if you don't like it, you are not out much. Conversely, if you do like the results, you got by pretty cheaply.

I didn't realize you could make it that big.

Ok, re reading this now I realized I mised the " and thought it was '. 6 X 8 X 15 in feet is one giant antenna. Your size is consistent with mine, I just use centimeters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts