OTA or stick with Dish?

m4tr1x

Original poster
Oct 15, 2012
SoCal
Long time lurker, I really want to get rid of Dish Network to save some money, but I live in an area where the terrain may prove to be difficult to get OTA signals. I have gone to TVFool and made a report:

** For some reason I cant post the url of the report made, any ideas?

To be honest, all this signal talk is a foreign language to me. I was looking at the Winegard HD8200U or the Antennas Direct 91xG, IF it is possible to get any OTA signals. Before I spend the money and time, I wanted to see if you guys could please help in any way. Your information and opinions matter. Thank you and great site!

You cannot post the URL since you do not have 5 posts yet. Bump this thread a few more times then you should be able to post the URL

Good call, thanks guys. Here is the rest of the url:

?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d2df90d817dc6f3

Let me know what you think, and thanks again.

What does DISH provide for local channels? The Welcome Pack at $14.99/mo would be about $180/yr. with 1 basic receiver. Your going to spend in that area for OTA equipment and even though there looks like a lot of channels ABC & NBC are the only networks.

Point the 91XG 146/147 degrees you should pick up all the major networks off those translators there.

Get it up as high as you can.

There are 3 VHF translators there, KYAV 12-1 (12) unknown network, KAKZ-LD 4-1 (4) Azteca under construction probably not on the air and K09XW-D 24-1 (9) unknown network, all probably dispensible - 24-1 is 90 degress off axis from the others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)