OTA Project (Zip Code 98290) for a elderly friend. Input aporeciated.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

No Doubt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Snohomish, Wa
Hi guys, been awhile since I visited.
I have a good friend that does not watch TV, due to not having a decent TV. We donated a Sanyo 32 inch tv/dvd and he is enjoying the movies we bring up. I found the old flat twinlead in the attic for the antenna with is shown on the house and was surprised to get channels 11, & 22 both clear. Channel 9 came in once I barely moved the antenna. This was 1 ft over the roofline.
I took the antenna down & now want to put it back up with the other 2 antennas (Large UHF/VHF & Small UHF) The original antenna is the flat side with the green insulators. I plan on placing them in the following order, (top to bottom) with a 3 way splitter and hard mounted (no rotor)
A. Small UHF (top) B. Medium sized old school (middle) C. Large UHF/VHF (bottom)

These will be 10 ft above the roofline of house in pic. I will be using quality RG6 (Long Run & jumpers between antenna's)

I have a few questions & would appreciated some feedback.

1. How much spacing should be between each antenna?

2. What direction should I point Antennas. A, B & C, if someone could help with a help with a app/website?

3 Depending on results, what is a amp people are buying to help with ITS reception?

He is located (approx) at the 13000 block of Three Lakes Rd, Snohomish, Wa 98290

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I will follow up with a video, showing final results.

Bill
.facebook_1516060414003.jpg
20180115_153100.jpg
20180115_152650.jpg
20180115_152955.jpg

I have a good friend that does not watch TV, due to not having a decent TV. We donated a Sanyo 32 inch tv/dvd and he is enjoying the movies we bring up. I found the old flat twinlead in the attic for the antenna with is shown on the house and was surprised to get channels 11, & 22 both clear. Channel 9 came in once I barely moved the antenna. This was 1 ft over the roofline.
I took the antenna down & now want to put it back up with the other 2 antennas (Large UHF/VHF & Small UHF) The original antenna is the flat side with the green insulators. I plan on placing them in the following order, (top to bottom) with a 3 way splitter and hard mounted (no rotor)
A. Small UHF (top) B. Medium sized old school (middle) C. Large UHF/VHF (bottom)

These will be 10 ft above the roofline of house in pic. I will be using quality RG6 (Long Run & jumpers between antenna's)

2. What direction should I point Antennas. A, B & C, if someone could help with a help with a app/website?

3 Depending on results, what is a amp people are buying to help with ITS reception?

He is located (approx) at the 13000 block of Three Lakes Rd, Snohomish, Wa 98290

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I will follow up with a video, showing final results.

BillView attachment 130472View attachment 130473View attachment 130474View attachment 130475
Edit, it is ION 33.1, not 22.
Screenshot_20180115-164635.jpg

BillView attachment 130472View attachment 130473View attachment 130474View attachment 130475
I would use just 1 antenna "C" that looks line an arrowhead. The narrow end points at the broadcast towers. I would guess at Radio Shack for manufacturer it is UHF/VHF and tvfool shows both are in use in 98290. 216 degrees is probably a good starting point and 8-10 ft. above roof peak should also be a starting point.

Reactions: No Doubt
Edit, it is ION 33.1, not 22.View attachment 130476
What you are identifying as antenna "A" is a UHF only channels 14-69. Antenna "B" looks like a VHF only channels 2-13 and antenna "C" is a VHF/UHF channels 2-69. Antenna "C" probably replaced antennas "A & B" at some time in the history of the house. I would first try antenna "C" by itself to see what you can receive, amplifiers are a last resort. Amplifiers try to improve signals that the antenna captures but they are not magic bullets, they can cause signal degradation. Put antenna "C" up take pictures and then come back if you need more help.

Remember the narrow end of the antenna should be pointed to 216 degrees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)