OTA question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

willie8605

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Oklahoma
I figured with all the knowledgeable people on this forum I could probably get some OTA help, too.

I live about 45 miles away from all the broadcast towers I am trying to see. Often times I have trouble picking up a few of the channels, and they normally have a pretty low signal when they are working. The real trouble is with channel 5.1 ABC (real 7, virtual 5.1), 45 miles away. Nothing shows up for that channel. TVfool.com gives me a co-channel warning and shows me a signal being broadcast on channel 7 (real) that is only 3.5 miles away.

I have been looking into buying a CM7777, but don't know if it is going to help. I don't want to overdrive any of the channels and make my reception worse, but how else would I pick up the ABC channel that I have never gotten?

I have a MNT902W, Philips outdoor antenna, about 30 ft above ground.

We have an OTA section

Someone call a mod, we need this thread moved there...

And no, my experience is of little use since I'm inside the 20-mile "easy-peasy" zone

We have an OTA section

Someone call a mod, we need this thread moved there...

And no, my experience is of little use since I'm inside the 20-mile "easy-peasy" zone

I didn't realize there was an OTA section on this forum. I posted a new thread there on this topic.

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts