OTA question

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
I run two TVs off of my 622 and get my locals OTA on one. How do you get locals on the second TV? I know I can't get HD from it on TV2 but shouldn't I be able to the locals? Thank you

The work around for TV2 is to record the program then start playing it back on TV2. All you need is a few seconds of the program recording before you can play it back it is almost live.

Another way would be to combine the antenna and RF onto the coax going to TV2 and use the tuner in TV2 for live OTA. I did this and it worked very well.

722K does not come with OTA module, it is sold seperately now for about $40 in my area. Your 622 should have the OTA module built in. Just connect your antenna to your receiver, go into the menu (menu-6) there should be an option here to search for local channels. This will add them to your guide where they will be visible on both TV's. Ofcourse in this way, you will not be receiving an HD picture on tv2. You would need the antenna cable running directly to tv2 via a splitter.

722K does not come with OTA module, it is sold seperately now for about $40 in my area. Your 622 should have the OTA module built in. Just connect your antenna to your receiver, go into the menu (menu-6) there should be an option here to search for local channels. This will add them to your guide where they will be visible on both TV's. Ofcourse in this way, you will not be receiving an HD picture on tv2. You would need the antenna cable running directly to tv2 via a splitter.

We sell the OTA module for $50. Also, the built in OTA tuner on the 622 (on all of the built-in ATSC tuners) will only provide the live OTA channels for TV1. TV2 will not be able to see the live OTA feeds, but it will be able to see anything that may be recorded to the receiver

Only the OTA module (the add on piece for the 222k/722k/922) will provide live OTA feeds to TV2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)