OTA recording problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think it’s kinda dumb to have to record on one device only to watch it on another. That’s why I say “Go TiVo!”

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
So you record on a TiVo and watch on a TV? Kinda think those are separate devices.

I record on my Tablo and watch on my AndroidTV using the Tablo app on the TV, how is that different from what you do? Plus I record on the Tablo and can watch from multiple TVs with only a wireless connection to my Tablo. Plus I can put the Tablo into my AV rack where the antenna connection comes into the house and don't have to worry about getting the antenna cable to where I put the TV.

The TiVo works for you, the Tablo works for me, neither is DUMB.

I think it’s kinda dumb to have to record on one device only to watch it on another. That’s why I say “Go TiVo!”

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
Unlike Tivo that you can only watch it over, I can watch the TABLO app on many different interfaces including my tv or phone. So this makes it very convenient to take it anywhere you go . I don't need a separate streaming device like Tivo either.

So you record on a TiVo and watch on a TV? Kinda think those are separate devices.

I record on my Tablo and watch on my AndroidTV using the Tablo app on the TV, how is that different from what you do? Plus I record on the Tablo and can watch from multiple TVs with only a wireless connection to my Tablo. Plus I can put the Tablo into my AV rack where the antenna connection comes into the house and don't have to worry about getting the antenna cable to where I put the TV.

The TiVo works for you, the Tablo works for me, neither is DUMB.
:amen brother.

This is interesting, I will definitely try it. Do you have one set in the morning then it's good for 24 hours? Since we lost our local ABC affiliate in the Dish/Quincy dispute I've had to set up new timers for the shows we like with an auto-tune timer set for the program right before the one we want to record. If I only have to set one auto-tune per day it would make things somewhat easier.

I have a timer on the family room hopper set for 6:00 pm central and the media room hopper at 12:05 am central - there is no difference in performance.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I've been battling the weak OTA tuner in my ViP for years, and from my research moving to a Hopper isn't going to improve things. I've been considering a separate OTA DVR.

I'm 11 miles from the towers, the tuner in my TV brings in every channel without issue. Different antennas, attic or roof mount, with and without a preamp it doesn't seem to make a difference.
I have two H3's with the Duo OTA modules. One gets local 4 @ 100% signal. The other, goes into "no signal" search mode. But that TV gets 100% off the same feed. So.....

Sent from my SM-T280 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: pattykay
I have a timer on the family room hopper set for 6:00 pm central and the media room hopper at 12:05 am central - there is no difference in performance.

So if I understand you correctly having only one auto-tune timer set in a 24hr period keeps the signal clean on all OTA channels 24/7? I'm going to try that. My setup is a little different than yours though with only one H3 and two Joey 2's. Not sure if that would make a difference or not.

So if I understand you correctly having only one auto-tune timer set in a 24hr period keeps the signal clean on all OTA channels 24/7? I'm going to try that. My setup is a little different than yours though with only one H3 and two Joey 2's. Not sure if that would make a difference or not.

Yes only one auto tune per 24 hour period.

I have no joeys - only firesticks- so your mileage may vary.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)