OTA RECORDING PROBLEMS dish please fix

I have been testing my ota timers and posting in another thread and for the last two days I have had successful ota timers and the shows have played with no audio drop outs or pixelation . Here is what I did:

Delete all ota channels and then power cord reboot. It might even help to also unplug the ota tuner and let the receiver do a reboot. Then replug it back in and do a total re-scan for all ota channels. I then re made any timers I wanted and I set my timers to start on time and end on time with no padding. I also tested and saw success with all timers created from:

1. Watching live ota and hitting record -all shows played back fine with no issues.

2. Recording one time only ota shows from the guide- all shows played back fine with no issues.

3. Re-occurring series timers created from the guide- all shows played back fine with no issues.

So far for the last two days and nights I have seen NO ISSUES on any ota channel I have and I have tested timers on ALL of my ota channels ,including sub channels with guides information and even back to back timers on different channels and I have seen all complete and record and play back with no issues. I think this problem is FIXED. At least at my house anyway. :bigok

I will post again if any of this changes, but I hope it is finally fixed.:amen

I have now tested for three days and nights and in my home the ota problems are now fixed. I have had the hopper 3 I installed myself ,one week yesterday. The first four days the ota recordings were crap and I attribute that to the new hopper getting up and acclimated to it's new activation. I have uhf and vhf ota channels in my area. I have now tested all various combinations of recordings on all of my ota channels and sub channels with guide information. I have tested them as one time only, re-occurring timers, back to back , and some with padding on the end. But for the most part on ota , I like start early at 0 and no padding. All of my timers have fired correctly and all shows have played back with No problems at all. So what ever was in the U313 software that they came out with , it has fixed the ota recording problems that I was initially having, in my area. So it looks like I picked the right time to upgrade ,since ota problems was why I waited in the first place. I hope that they fix the problems for the rest of the country, for those that are still having them.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have now tested for three days and nights and in my home the ota problems are now fixed. I have had the hopper 3 I installed myself ,one week yesterday. The first four days the ota recordings were crap and I attribute that to the new hopper getting up and acclimated to it's new activation. I have uhf and vhf ota channels in my area. I have now tested all various combinations of recordings on all of my ota channels and sub channels with guide information. I have tested them as one time only, re-occurring timers, back to back , and some with padding on the end. But for the most part on ota , I like start early at 0 and no padding. All of my timers have fired correctly and all shows have played back with No problems at all. So what ever was in the U313 software that they came out with , it has fixed the ota recording problems that I was initially having, in my area. So it looks like I picked the right time to upgrade ,since ota problems was why I waited in the first place. I hope that they fix the problems for the rest of the country, for those that are still having them.
Thanks for the good info MikeD-C05 and Happy Father's Day to you. :bounce

AGAIN... The problem is NOT FIXED. I'm very happy that you've had good luck with your OTA but most everybody else hasn't been so fortunate. Please forgive all of us who believe our own eyes when we see the bad OTA recordings daily rather than accepting your proclamations.

As Scott has said and what I've heard is that there were 2 separate OTA problems. One has been fixed and the other one hasn't been fixed yet. Hopefully the next software version will fix the problems that remain. And that's the facts.

Yeah, mine will be fine immediately after unplugging the OTA Dongle and powering up with it reconnected, but the glitching problems return after the nightly reboot.

There is still some way to go before my Hopper 3 is as stable as the 722 it replaced.

Mine have and are working just fine from day 1 recording and all except the guide is not getting the info on some of my sub channels. Must be just the luck of the draw I guess...

Reactions: charlesrshell
AGAIN... The problem is NOT FIXED. I'm very happy that you've had good luck with your OTA but most everybody else hasn't been so fortunate. Please forgive all of us who believe our own eyes when we see the bad OTA recordings daily rather than accepting your proclamations.

As Scott has said and what I've heard is that there were 2 separate OTA problems. One has been fixed and the other one hasn't been fixed yet. Hopefully the next software version will fix the problems that remain. And that's the facts.

I said the ota recording problems were fixed in my HOUSE and my AREA and I also said at the end of my post that I hoped that they fixed the ota problems in the REST of the COUNTRY for those that are having them. I was only posting about my experience in my first week that I have had with the hopper 3. I won't be posting about my GOOD experience any longer, if it bothers you so to hear about it. I was trying to test the ota recordings and see if what I did worked for anyone else, as a service to those who wanted to know. As usual your experience may vary from mine.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)