OTA Rx/w ability for sub-channel deletion

bdlitzne

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
Hi All,
I'm looking for an OTA receiver that will allow for sub-channel deletion. For example, if a digital signal has four channels (19-1, 19-2, 19-3, and 19-4) do you know of a receiver that will allow for the deletion of 19-1, 19-3, and 19-4 and only retain 19-2? LG's LST4200a has this ability but is no longer available. The station I work at runs four SD's during the day, with a HD/SD combo at night. Our main channel is 19-2. If we have xmtr or power problems several of the demods we have out at various remote cable headends will "retune" to 19-1 instead of 19-2. The LG allows for the deletion of the sub-channels so that 19-2 is the "ONLY" choice.

Thanks in advance,
Bern

We eliminated that from the list (the 151) because it wouldn't pass CC on line 21 which was a FCC requirement.....is my memory correct on that?

Bern

oljim said:
The old Sami 151 will do that and same with Dish 921 HD PVR

I think you can do that with the ex-Voom boxes.

I'll check tonight. I have a channel here in PHX that is 8-1, 8-2, & 8-3 as well as the Pax channel which has 4 sub channels I think.

Shawn

Pretty sure the Pioneer 5050HD has this capability. I'll check it (assuming that I ever get my OTA Antenna installed.)

The Voom box works.

I used the local 51-1, 51-2, 51-3, & 51-4 channel to test.

I hid 51-1, 51-3, & 51-4.

I tuned '51' on the remote and 51-2 came right up.

I learned this weekend that the Accurian HTS-6000 ($89) comes back on to the previously tuned subchannel (even if above the first subchannel on a given stream) after a power failure. I lost power for an hour and fifteen minutes yesterday morning, and my receiver came back on to 16-3. My area's PBS has 16-2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / and 16-6, no 16-1, and I always leave the box on 16-3.

I can't remember if that receiver can delete specific subchannels or not though (I know that's the main question in this thread, but the above might be useful info).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)