OTA Signal on Hopper

Chris36

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 24, 2009
Rhode Island
I was trying to do a search just now. If its been answered sorry for asking the same question. Is it better now with the Hopper then say a 722?? I know with the 722 it keep cutting out quite a bit.

Chris

I also get the black screen on the ota channels about 1 time a week. It goes away after a reset from the front button. Is there any way to eliminate this black screen? I've eliminated all ota channels that don't get a 100% signal. That helped reduce the frequency but it's frustrating since my 722 never had any issue.

Question I just got the OTA adapter today is there a signal strength at all like the 722 or 922 had or no?? And it takes a day or so to update the program guide correct for the locals or just says Digital Signal??

Thanks,
Chris

OTA on my Hopper is better than on my 722k without a doubt. I figured it's because of it being only on one tuner (2 tuners = split signal = half the signal strength) but now I'm seeing folks say it's better than 722 which is only 1 tuner. So maybe it's just better hardware in the dongle.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Need to make sure you have stable signal strength on your OTA channels ;no random dropouts, etc. .) Hopefully there will be a new SW update soon, maybe it will address that issue. I only had the black screen once before I adjusted my antenna. Now all my channels get 100 signal strength and I never have the black screen.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

I see a post (dated 1/23) saying they just got the OTA module. DOes this mean dish is no longer back ordered on this module or did the person buy it, where available, like EBAY?

Dish OTA

I just got two from a 3rd party. Solid Signal. My Hopper's won't be installed till Feb 22nd. I wanted to install them right away. Dish would not sell them to me till after Hopper's were installed. I also got a two extra remotes off ebay. I'm glad I have them now. Funny when I check my online account I can't even see the adapters to order. Good luck. :)

Why did you want to buy them? For most people there is no advantage. Owned or leased, monthly fees are the same.
I am getting to Hoppers with sling and two Joeys. No Charge. What I bought was the OTA tuners. Two of them. Those you have to buy if you want them. Or at least that's what I was told. :)

You are right. I thought you were talking about the HWS's. At the Dish store, you can't order them till after the HWS has been installed. You can use a powered usb hub to connect the ota module. You can also add to ehd's to the hub. I also have a cooling mat under each of my HWS's. The HWS will support 2 ehd's at a time.
You will love the system. I have 2H/3J system.

I prefer to use a powered hub for EHDs and plug the OTA module in directly. Seems to work better that way.

You can have several EHDs powered and connected, but only two will be active at a time.

... You can have several EHDs powered and connected, but only two will be active at a time.
You can only transfer to/from the EHDs beyond the first 2, no delete, no editing including sizing.
Three on more can be active on transfers. I've done it.
I do worry about multiple transfers thru the same unpowered hub, your risk.
I've still got the problem: I can do many transfers but some will hang in the final seconds, some less than 1 sec.
When they do further transfer many do not work on that port or even on a different port.
A reboot allows others to go but the same show will likely stop again either with a few seconds or the not at all.
I've moved hundreds of shows. 90% work, some don't. I can't re-record most of the bad.
-Ken
New to me: the satellite number is on during recording. -K

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts