OTA Signal Strength

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
And in some cases the signal won't be stronger, but with less interference from analog signals on adjacent frequencies, the reception could be better even if the signal isn't any stronger. At this point I wouldn't recommend spending too much time or money try to "fix" marginal reception until the transition is completed, since that can change the game in some areas.

In any event, we'll be finding out in less than five days.

And in some cases the signal won't be stronger, but with less interference from analog signals on adjacent frequencies, the reception could be better even if the signal isn't any stronger. At this point I wouldn't recommend spending too much time or money try to "fix" marginal reception until the transition is completed, since that can change the game in some areas.

In any event, we'll be finding out in less than five days.

And it is not just a change in strength, but also aim and directionality which might benit others. Although our local CW has said they will be going digital only on June 12th, they will be replacing their directional transmitter with a more powerful omnidrection one that will at least benefit my particular reception, but it will take them several weeks to get the transmitter in place. So it may take a month or so before the dust actually settles.

Now that the digital switch has taken effect, I am now finding signals going from strong to nothing and vice versa. What is going on with these OTA stations? I have the feeling that many of these television stations are still experimenting with their signal outputs after the deadline date of June 12th. Many stations could be putting out a low power signal temporarily until they fix their problems. I haven't done anything different with my antenna yet my signal strengths are acting very erratic.

Agreed. I have one DTV station on right now that has never given us issues in the past, but today it's cutting in and out - and it's not one that changed frequencies. Weird.

Before the shutdown I was receiving 43 digital OTA stations, after the shutdown I can receive only 42 of them. I lost the Scranton Wilkes-Barre ABC affiliate completely. I tried everything possible, rescanning over a dozen times from different angles using my antenna rotor but no luck. I can pick up every other SWB station except that one. Seems strange that it would disappear like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)