OTA Stealth antenna

I'm going to have to find out if my installers know the proper way to put this antenna up when they come to install next week. I didn't know you point the open end towards the towers, but that makes sense.

Yes, the STB drives DC, and I am not sure how much the STB can deliver, I have tried to get the specs. You could have had 2 power supplies fighting each other or oscillating. Keep the other one out. What are the markings on the unit next to the STB that splits the signal back out to the STB dish and OTA?

occammd said:
Yes, the STB drives DC, and I am not sure how much the STB can deliver, I have tried to get the specs. You could have had 2 power supplies fighting each other or oscillating. Keep the other one out. What are the markings on the unit next to the STB that splits the signal back out to the STB dish and OTA?

On the indoor diplexer the sat side is DC pass, 8VSB side is not. On the outdoor diplexer, Sat and Ant are DC pass (naturally). Seeing as my antenna still works at pretty much the same signal strength/quality, I think it's safe to assume the box is supplying something.

I was looking to try an improve my OTA sig strength, so i had VOOM run a seperate wire for the Stealth. I used the power injector that the installer gave me and ...nothing....not enough for a picture. Everytime i use the seperate coax I remove the indoor diplexer and screw the output of the power injector into the 8vsb. Is this the correct way to run the wire? Then when i connect everything back to one wire with the combined sig with the diplexer...sigs jump to life. they could always be better but at least Im getting some OTA dig ch's. I thought the sig was supossed to improve a little running in the seperate coax. Has anyone experienced a better sig strenght with the combined line?

Here is the antenna VOOM replaced my Stealth with (at least I think so, it's the only one I could find that looks like it). Not only does it look better, but the second he connected it, even before any pointing took place, the OTA jumped to acceptable levels. Now I need to get that mounting arm so I can put it on the same arm as the dish.

http://www.starkelectronic.com/wgs2000.htm

If you are using 2 coax lines, 1 for OTA and 2nd for dish, then you should have STB Dish In -> coax -> Dish out (at the dish). And for OTA you should have OTA In -> short coax (6") -> power supply -> long coax -> stealth antenna.

I dont know if the PS can hook up directly to the OTA on the STB.