OTA transfer problems with EHD

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
I apologize in advance if this topic has already been covered, but I did a search and couldn't find anything. I am having issues transferring my over-the-air DVR content to my external hard drive. It gets almost all the way done, then freezes at 3 seconds. The only way to break out of this funk is to reset the receiver. Has anyone else had this issue? Is it not possible to store OTA content on the EHD?

Yep just had this issue yesterday, also with OTA content. Timer countdown freezes, EHD access light shows no activity, then the EHD goes to sleep. Stop button doesn't work. Sat content was successful. It's not normal and this problem was introduced with S328/S418. Normally there are no issues with this. Matter of fact I have a good bit of OTA content already on the drive. Supposedly there will be an update soon to fix this.

I have had this problem with all transfers since the software update about a month ago. Mine goes to 4 seconds left in the transfer and then stops. The only way out is to do a reset. I have had the EHDs for over a year and a half and never had any problems until that software upgrade. The latest upgrade did not fix the problem

I was messing around with this last night. I tried transferring a folder with 2 OTA episodes in it. It froze up with a few seconds left. I reboot everything and tried again but this time with no folders and one at a time. The first one transferred no problem. The second one froze up again. I dont know if its just random or if I got lucky with one and not the other.

This is a known problem reported for more than a month. Many transfers go through just fine. Other transfers stop with 4 to 1 or less seconds left. The normal-cycle refresh time seems to be about 6 sec for the remainder. It also blocks use of any other EHD from then on. Only known recourse is a reset, which will cost you 5 minutes plus the time you spent on transfers. Recommend unpowering the EHD before pulling the USB as pulling USB can cause a reset by itself. Don't expect to be able to transfer again and find better results--it works sometimes, maybe. I have a large backlog of transfers. Hurry Dish. Luck,
-Ken

And it's not just OTA. Some shows transfer and some don't no matter what the source of the recording.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts