OTA Tuner on my VIP 211

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If I cancel my Dish Network service will my OTA tuner still work, or will they disable it?

Guffy,

I know for a fact that without a satellite signal provided to your VIP 211 its OTA tuner will NOT be able change channels to any other OTA station if it is currently tuned to one. So without a satellite signal your VIP211 is useless for receiving OTA HD channels.

While the above is true you MIGHT be able to use your VIP211 to receive OTA signals if you keep it connected to your Dish.

Receivers have to been activated by Dish to use the OTA tuner, what I'm not sure about is IF once you cancel your Dish service if Dish disables the VIP211 entirely or just the authorization for the satellite channels.

I don't have a problem with Dish disabling the OTA tuners to former subscribers, after all the receiver was sold to you for far below Dish's cost. Remember that most receivers now are leased. If yours is a lease then you will have to return the receiver after you terminate your satellite service.

I would suggest you purchase a OTA HD tuner from Ebay. You can get a decent one for less than 100 bucks. Then you will not have ANY issues with no service if bad weather knocks out the satellite signal to your receiver, "IF" and its a BIG IF, Dish does allow OTA on your receiver after you terminate your service.

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)