OTA tuner question HR20 vs HR10-250

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mike1973

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 22, 2004
Rochester, NY
Ok, this one might sound a little odd...Many Rochester DTV customers are aware of a problem with channels 13.1 and 13.2 locally (local ABC station). Apparently it has to do with how close the frequency is to another OTA station. On newer DTV boxes, the signal breaks up every 30 sec. or so. Very annoying, especially since Lost started. Happens on my roomates HR20-100 that I have so much fun with CE's on :) As an experiment today we hooked up his old HR10-250 HD Tivo, and its perfect on there. Also was perfect after a software update months back on my 622. Here is the question...Anyone know if its possible to replace the OTA tuner in the HR20 with the one thats in the HR10-250? This is an owned receiver, we already verified that a while back, I just don't want anything to start smoking! I haven't cracked open the 20 but on the 10 it seems like the tuner would come out fairly easily. Anyway, thanks for any input!!

Or even better, Directv, add Rochester HD locals!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)