OTA & Upgrade???

DRAKO

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
VA
I been having probs with OTA reception since I got VOOM, I only get CBS out of 5 possible channels that are 35-40 miles away from me, when VOOM was installed, I got the standard Winegard GS1000

dtvgear_1799_10881328

but that doesnt seem to do the trick (only get CBS) Voom said they would send me an upgrade, but I cannot have a huge antenna since I live in an apartment, how big is vooms upgrade (the installer warned me how huge it was and he would have to drill holes and get a tripod and well seemed like he wanted to scare me out of it)

currently both the sat and OTA go through the same line via a diplexer, any suggestions?

here are the antenna web results: (do i have any chance?)

antenna.gif

shouldnt I at least get the ROANOKE stations?

I have, but its not strong enough either ( i would think the GS1000 being rooftop mounted would be better) I was thinking about the square shooter, but some ppl said it was about the same as the GS1000 but with "no wings"

guess the only choice is a full size antenna.. but then the landlord probably kill me :(

You could try the Square Shooter but some people here did not have any success even though the specification listed looked good on paper. There's another inside antenna besides the silver sensor. I think it is RCA that makes it. I used to know the model number but I can't find it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts