OTA with no satellite connection?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

igzo99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Guys, can I still watch and record OTA if I only have the antenna hooked up to my HR20?

Guys, can I still watch and record OTA if I only have the antenna hooked up to my HR20?

Good question, and I don't have a definate answer,
With the older receivers I would say yes, but the newer ones seam to be a bit more picky.

Sorry, but I am not going to unhook mine to find out.

Ok, I just tried it with my H10, disconnected the sat and the OTA still works, it probably will as long as I have a valid working access card, in other words, if you plan to turn off that receiver and hope for the OTA to work, I doubt if it will work.
I would guess that the HR20-700 would work the same way, but then,if your gonna keep it active, why not use it ?

Jimbo

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses. The receiver is still active; however, I'm not currently using the OTA feature as hooking an antenna or running a line is not an option. So, I want to unplug it and hook it up to another TV where I, in fact do not have a satellite run, but can get awesome OTA with a simple indoor antenna. My thinking is to take the receiver to the other room to record the SuperBowl. I'm hopeing it will STILL pick up OTA without any other connection...

Again, thanks for the responses.

Thanks for the responses. The receiver is still active; however, I'm not currently using the OTA feature as hooking an antenna or running a line is not an option. So, I want to unplug it and hook it up to another TV where I, in fact do not have a satellite run, but can get awesome OTA with a simple indoor antenna. My thinking is to take the receiver to the other room to record the SuperBowl. I'm hopeing it will STILL pick up OTA without any other connection...

Again, thanks for the responses.

Yes it should work fine.

Jimbo

IF it is like the H20, the receiver MUST be active for the ota tuner to work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts