OTA without Voom Box - Please somebody help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smodak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 13, 2004
I am trying to use OTA in my HTPC without the voom box using the voom Sensar II antenna. I have a diplexer install. I cannot get up the roof to discconnect the diplexer or the dish so I bought a Radioshack diplexer to be used at the receiver end (call it X). I took off the moto diplexer which came with voom at the receiver end. Whan I connect the 'satellite out' of X to the voom box 'satellite in' and the 'antenna out' of X to the voom HTPC , everything works great. But the idea is to get rid of the voom box altogether and so I bought a Winegard 9370 power supply and disconnected the 'satellite out' of X from the voom box and connected to the power supply and it does not work? What am I doing wrong? Is the power supply bad? It does light up the LED. Also I tried to plug the antenna/sat coax directly into the PS and X to the "antenna out" of the PS. I also tried X completely out of the picture.

If I want to keep the dish and diplexer on roof intact, what would be the best way to connect a power supply at the receiver end and the antenna to the HTPC and get rid of the voom box altogether? Please help...

http://www.winegard.com/offair/powersupplies.htm

Since this is a duplicate post and we are already discussing this in another thread, I am going to delete this one. Ok?

Ilya said:
Since this is a duplicate post and we are already discussing this in another thread, I am going to delete this one. Ok?
Sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)