OTA?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
"I too get my locals via satellite but, satellite doesn't offer the sub channels that OTA does and doesn't offer all the local networks. I only get ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC in HD via satellite."

What other local networks are there?
Let's see. Here in LA, Direct also offers in HD, in addition to the ones mentioned, KTLA-CW, KCAL-IND (shows Dodgers and Lakers), KCOP-MNT, and KCET-PBS. Because if this, I no longer need my OTA tuner, but it is built into my receiver, since I have the HR20. I did use it a lot before Direct had KCAL in HD. Needed to watch my Dodgers in HD.

I just ordered from Retensions. Total came to $26.37 after tax. To bad I couldn't get it for free but, like you said, it is still better than full price. I should have it in 3-5 days. :up

Be thankful you got it for what you did. D* flat refused to sell me one because I live in a market in which D* has the big four available. I tried to explain to them that since D* didn't give me all seven of my market's HD channels (big four plus CW, PBS and My Network TV) plus the desire for backup when rain fade becomes an issue I wanted the AM21.

But none of that mattered and I had to go elsewhere on line to order it. It cost me about 64 total (shipping included) to get an AM21.

Be thankful you got it for what you did. D* flat refused to sell me one because I live in a market in which D* has the big four available. I tried to explain to them that since D* didn't give me all seven of my market's HD channels (big four plus CW, PBS and My Network TV) plus the desire for backup when rain fade becomes an issue I wanted the AM21.

But none of that mattered and I had to go elsewhere on line to order it. It cost me about 64 total (shipping included) to get an AM21.

Did you try to order it via the DirecTV web site (you have to have a HR2X on your account first for it to show up), they're $50 there plus a few bucks for FedEx shipping.

Did you try to order it via the DirecTV web site (you have to have a HR2X on your account first for it to show up), they're $50 there plus a few bucks for FedEx shipping.

I went to the website after I initially got my HR22 and the AM21 was there. But for whatever reason I didn't get it at that time. About a week later I went back to the website and the AM21 was no longer available. That's when I called D* and spent about 30 minutes arguing with them to no avail.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)