OTA???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HailScroob

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 18, 2003
LaPaz, Indiana
After 15 years Dish has finally worn me out: 722k on order for 34 days and still not shipped - while 722 just died so I get to pay $15 for a replacement 722 because they couldn't manage to ship my 722k. Plus the Viacom HD fiasco, no Logo, no FX HD, only ONE local in HD... ENOUGH.

I'm not happy that I'll only be able to record two shows at once (722k can do 4... get with it D*), but I'll adapt. It's just TV, right?

So I go to the D* site to build my 1 HD DVR system and I don't see any any mention of OTA capability, and there's no option to add any kind of external tuner module to my order.

Did D* drop OTA tuners? That would kill the deal for me (they only have 3 of 5 HD locals, so OTA is a must). And if they didn't then how the heck do you get one added to your order?

The HR21/22/23 HD DVR's can get the AM21 ATSC add on module which adds two ATSC tuners to those boxes. To get one create your online account on Good TV. Better TV. DIRECTV. and then it should show up under the add equipment link. If not there now it should show up after your install. The AM21 is $50+ shipping.

Got it. Thanks.

So is the HR23 the unit they ship now? Or is it a crap shoot which one you will get?

Crap shoot, it's whatever the installer got loaded in his truck. It could be a new HR23 or a refurb HR20 (that would eliminate your need for the AM21).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)