OTA

I have a problem where I would have pixelation on my CBS channel in 1080i , When I moved it to fix the pixelation my Fox channel in 720p started to pixel. Same company runs both channels on two different transmitters. You have to get the sweet spot to get both in the 90s area and keep them there. Once I fixed these two so there was no more pixelation , I had problems with my TABLO ota dvr on those two channels again. So I've bout decided that the TABLO is not worth the effort. The TABLO has always had problems with the CBS channel regardless where I put it.

But I wonder why this happens when it goes from 1080i to 720p the lost signal from the channel pops up for a few seconds then loads on my Wally and Hopper. Unless the different format from interlaced 1080i channel and the 720 progressive channel.

I have a problem where I would have pixelation on my CBS channel in 1080i , When I moved it to fix the pixelation my Fox channel in 720p started to pixel. Same company runs both channels on two different transmitters. You have to get the sweet spot to get both in the 90s area and keep them there. Once I fixed these two so there was no more pixelation , I had problems with my TABLO ota dvr on those two channels again. So I've bout decided that the TABLO is not worth the effort. The TABLO has always had problems with the CBS channel regardless where I put it.

But I wonder why this happens when it goes from 1080i to 720p the lost signal from the channel pops up for a few seconds then loads on my Wally and Hopper. Unless the different format from interlaced 1080i channel and the 720 progressive channel.
As of yesterday, your CBS and Fox channels will be on the same transmitter. The Fox channel has moved to 6.3, but they will also still broadcast on 4.1 for another month. Once you rescan, you'll see that Charge, which used to be on 6.3 has moved to 4.6.

Like you, I've had problems receiving the 6.* channels but always received the 4.* channels strong. This move has hurt me on reception.

As of yesterday, your CBS and Fox channels will be on the same transmitter. The Fox channel has moved to 6.3, but they will also still broadcast on 4.1 for another month. Once you rescan, you'll see that Charge, which used to be on 6.3 has moved to 4.6.

Like you, I've had problems receiving the 6.* channels but always received the 4.* channels strong. This move has hurt me on reception.
Yes, I knew about the move of FOX 4 to 6.3. That is why I was trying to lock in a good signal that would work for channel 6 and it's sub channels. The bad thing is that we lost the CW as an hd channel and it's just SD now. Why couldn't they move the CW to 4.1 and then we would still have all our hd channels? Instead we go from 5 hd channels to 4. The bad thing is that they are moving DABLE to 4.1 so it will be in HD instead of SD.

I played with the antenna all day long trying to get it to come in using my Air tv usb tuner instead of my DISH usb tuner. It gives me better readings on the channels that lets me peak it better. The DISH dual tuner only shows 100% or a low in the 70% for channels ,which gives me nothing to peak it with. I ended up with my antenna getting 97% to 98% on Channel 6 and 94 %- 95% on 4.1 and 76% on ABC/NBC using the Air Tv dual tuner . But it is consistent level that doesn't fluctuate like channel 6 does . So I left it that way to see if the TABLO will work without pixelation. The DISH receivers are picking all the ota channels with out pixelation.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have a similar problem with my dual ota tuner.
I can be watching the channel & suddenly I get a pop up box saying signal lost & then the picture returns
This has happened with both the air tuner & dish tuner.
It happens on most of the ota channels at times, even though I have a strong signal.

Well I moved my Tablo into the bedroom and hooked it to the same antenna . I also readjusted the antenna till I got in the mid 70s to mid 80s on CBS/FOX channel and same on ABC/NBC and guess what? The pixelation stopped on the Tablo and they also stayed without drop out issues on the DISH sat receiver ota tuner. So I guess it was too much of a signal at the higher levels. I must of got the sweet spot that doesn't have multi path rejection issues.

Reactions: dishdude

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts