Other Channels on E3

elder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
I helped a friend install a used Dish receiver for Sky Angel only programing and he got a couple of channels I don't get. In fact they didn't even show on my guide. This was some time ago and I don't remember what the channels were, but I think they were Christian or at least family friendly. Anyone know what gives?

Last edited:
Thanks, I called Dish and had them up within 15 minutes.

I just got off the phone with DISH Network and I was told that in order to receive the Public Interest Channels I would need to upgrade to America's Top 100 for $29.99 a month.
I have DishFAMILY & Sky Angel right now.

~MYB~

Call back and ask to talk to Tech support and ask them to turn on the "FREE public access channels". They will read you some long disclamer and ask you to agree to it. Then they will turn them on for you. I you get some Tech service person that says they can't do it just call back again and ask the new tech. that answers to do it.

You may be able to receive 3ABN on the free public access channels in the next few weeks.

I just hung up with DISH Network Tech Support. She said in about 10-20 minutes I should be receiving these channels. (No long disclaimer either.) It did take a little longer on the phone, because of computer problems, but she was very nice and did not seem "confused" as the guy early this morning seemed to be.

Thanks, laseradam!

Hopefully 3ABN will come through, too!

~MYB~

I didn't even try with customer service because of what I read here. I hand out tracts in my area promoting Sky Angel and on them I instruct people to ask for technical support and not customer service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)