Other Opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
vurbano said:
Yes unless they get off their asses Voom will be shut off on 3/31/05. There are no provisions for service on 4/1/05 and customers will be left without any service waiting 3-4 weeks for another provider to install.

I assume then that you have already switched-I can not believe you are taking a chance to get shut off with the rest of us

vurbano said:
Yes unless they get off their asses Voom will be shut off on 3/31/05. There are no provisions for service on 4/1/05 and customers will be left without any service waiting 3-4 weeks for another provider to install.

I can get another service installed within 2-3 days. Not everyone will experience the kinds of delays you are suggesting.

Hell No, I won't go. I am here to the end. Then I will probably stare at my dark plasma for a day or two begging it to come back. But to be honest, I am researching a C/Ku Band system just in case VoOm goes away. I don't think I could be happy with D*, E* or Comcast after being a VoOmer. I have tried to watch the compressed kaka they pump, makes me rub my eyes and squint.

The moderators should add another Voom Forum and call it "Voom Naysayers". Then forum members like Vurbano, who spew nothing but "Voom is gonna die" propaganda can have their own miserable section to post in.

Vurbano, if you don't want Voom anymore and truely believe it will go dark, then call D* or E* and get it installed prior to 3/31/05 already. How many times do you have to post the same crap over and over?

To all the Negative Nellies: Everyone of you all have been feasting on "crow" since the first of the year. Everytime a new turn of events happen in the "Voom" drama, you all jump on the doomsday wagon and ride off into the sunset only to find you have ridden off a cliff again. None of you sit on the board of directors and like the rest of us have no clue to what is really going on. Chuck Dolan has a proven history of taking "Chicken Sh#t" and turning it into "Chicken Salad". Sit back and watch the genius (that Dolan is)
go to work.

If VOOM does go off the air, then I'll have only been vooming for about 4 to 5 hours.

What will I do then, I guess I'll cross the bridge when I get to it.

r.jones1116 said:
The moderators should add another Voom Forum and call it "Voom Naysayers". Then forum members like Vurbano, who spew nothing but "Voom is gonna die" propaganda can have their own miserable section to post in.

Vurbano, if you don't want Voom anymore and truely believe it will go dark, then call D* or E* and get it installed prior to 3/31/05 already. How many times do you have to post the same crap over and over?

To all the Negative Nellies: Everyone of you all have been feasting on "crow" since the first of the year. Everytime a new turn of events happen in the "Voom" drama, you all jump on the doomsday wagon and ride off into the sunset only to find you have ridden off a cliff again. None of you sit on the board of directors and like the rest of us have no clue to what is really going on. Chuck Dolan has a proven history of taking "Chicken Sh#t" and turning it into "Chicken Salad". Sit back and watch the genius (that Dolan is)
go to work.

How do they like their crow anyway?? Fried, baked, crow a l'orange, crow al la king??? ;)

tawhite said:
How do they like their crow anyway?? Fried, baked, crow a l'orange, crow al la king??? ;)
Right now the crow is still in the freezer. It hasn't been decided who will be eating it. It is premature to suggest "pro-Voom" or "anti-Voom" people should be eating crow.

Charles Dolan is still facing a deadline that is three weeks away. Do Voomers expect yet another reprieve? Barring that Dolan needs a permanent deal. The crow may be on the pro-Voomer's plate.

And yet for those who picked a date that has passed they should be dining. But their plate should only be loaded as high as their prediction of doom. Some here seem to want to treat 'Voom doomers' that said "I don't expect Voom to last past February 28th" once with those who repeatedly said "Voom will absolutely be off the air on March 1st". There is a difference.

In my opinion everyone who suggests that the other side should eat crow should be ready with a plate of their own to eat. The fat lady has not sung a song of victory either!

JL

dlm10541 said:
I assume then that you have already switched-I can not believe you are taking a chance to get shut off with the rest of us

No I have equipment for another provider and can turn it on with a phone call but many cannot.

tawhite said:

I never said it would go dark on 3/31/05. But if will if no deal gets done.

cfarm said:
I can get another service installed within 2-3 days. Not everyone will experience the kinds of delays you are suggesting.
Maybe cable. But most sat installations require equipment delivery and waiting for an install date.

r.jones1116 said:
I guess you cant read or comprehend the post either. I never said they were gonna die. I said "they are gonna die if".

Hey I was just trying to lighten things up a little. Bottom line is although I think Voom is the bomb!!! It is afterall, just TV. Those that don't realize that may need to look at getting a hobby, reading a book or getting out and taking a walk or something.

vurbano:
If the deal doesn't get completed by 3/31, I don't think that VOOM will necessarily go dark on 4/1. Remember when they decided to shutdown on 2/28, the shutdown plan was:
1) Notify employees
2) Shutdown voom.com
3) Notify customers (never done)
3) Continue service until 3/31

I think that they would do the same again and the service will be continued for existing customers for a couple of weeks. This is considered part of the shutdown cost.

No need to Wait on a install.....buy everthing you need at circuit city or bunch of other places......install it...call for activation.........can be done in a few hours or less

r.jones1116 said:
Chuck Dolan has a proven history of taking "Chicken Sh#t" and turning it into "Chicken Salad". Sit back and watch the genius (that Dolan is)
go to work.

Isn't he the guy that said VOOM would have 300K subscribers by December 2004? Is he going to start trying now when he wasn't really trying before?

If Voom went dark, it would probably be several days before I noticed. I still have OTA and Dish, which is the majority of my viewing anyway. As bad as Voom's PQ is right now, I don't even watch it.

Just for vurbano VOOM is going to put up a new screen on March 31st...

"VOOM WILL CEASE OPERATIONS ON MARCH 31st"

On April 1st, Vurbano will run to his TV with a smile on his face in hopes to see VOOM dead, instead he wakes up to see the following screen...

"VOOM WILL CEASE OPERATIONS ON MARCH 31st...

APRIL FOOLS - VOOM IS HERE TO STAY!" :D :D

DarrellP said:
As bad as Voom's PQ is right now, I don't even watch it.

Huh, better get your shiznit calibrated or something. My PQ is outstanding. Wait, why am I even responding. Anyone who prefers Dish PQ is VoOm PQ must be ready for a new prescription anyway. :p JK, but I don't know what you mean about VoOm PQ being bad, I just had my Plasma ISF calibrated and things are looking better than ever, super awesome colors and clarity, and I thought it was crystal before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)