OUCH

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dunnsept

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Central Meechigan
I am one SORE puppy tonight. did all kindsa work in the yard and then buried a PVC pipe for my RG6 cables.
digging a trench by hand (and shovel) really STINKS.. man am I sore.
but SWMBO is happy, the yard looks nicer
AND I have a nice 1.5" PVC pipe underground for... MORE RG6!

I can also now tell you that my primestar is just under 32 feet from the house. took me 4 sections of pipe to reach it :D

now I have to go in the basement and put new ends on the cables. I ordered switches & splitters & stuff just gotta wait until the FEDEX man delivers it (hoping for tomorrow, after 2 'no attempt made' days)

I can sympathize. I did the same thing Saturday. I guess I,m getting old cause I took 2 ibprophen and my knees still hurt all last night. All I got left to do is to run the RG6.

Attachments

• DSCF0047.JPG
    DSCF0047.JPG
    489.8 KB · Views: 157
Spring is here, and I have a buttload of bright orange fiberduct (1-1/4") waiting to be trenched in. I'm too old and lazy to do it by hand, going to borrow a trencher.

That's my next project, burying pvc to run cables to my 10 footer and my Primestar. Wish I had some pretty dirt like Gray1. Mine is almost solid rock. My run is going to be about 150 foot. I'll probably be watching satellite from the dish location for a while or laying cables on the ground. Will probably have to rent a rock saw when and if I get the time to do it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)