Out of contract tried to cancel offered $30 off per month

no contract, I recorded the guy with his permission

he said quote "Absolutely no contract no commitment"

I called to cancel a longtime account for a family member that swapped to D*, and they offered $45 for ten months. I had never heard of that kind of an offer, and if it were my I probably would have taken it.

They however were pretty set on the move, so they declined.

Direct has been very aggressive for a long time in retaining customers. Looks like DISH may be getting there. Good for the consumer.

Can't wait for July! Dang. Although with credits I've been receiving due to past disputes I'm paying around $40/mo for top 200 and two HWS. Should call for a credit on ovation but will just wait until contract is up in a couple months.

Cannot believe that Dish do all these rather then a more simple and clear business approach. Lower the price, no surprise after 12 months or things like that...and if some subs wants to leave...let them. Don't give them so high credits that result in "yearly increase due to increase in programming cost" increase. Makes me to think about calling Dish to cancel.

Cannot believe that Dish do all these rather then a more simple and clear business approach. Lower the price, no surprise after 12 months or things like that...and if some subs wants to leave...let them. Don't give them so high credits that result in "yearly increase due to increase in programming cost" increase. Makes me to think about calling Dish to cancel.
When you call in to cancel see if they will give you some credits off of your bill too. :biggrin2

Reactions: darrengs
$186 down to $114 for 12 months. I did my homework ahead of time. I got a price of Direct TV with 4 TVs (instead of 3, that I have now). I also mentioned that Direct TV has 4K. I priced Charter out. At first they offered $45/month for 12 months. I stuck to my guns, based on why would I pay you more for the same service. Eventually she ended up at $114/month and no contract.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I can't remember ever hearing or seeing posts where a contract extension was required with credits with DISH other than a new customer.

I can't remember ever hearing or seeing posts where a contract extension was required with credits with DISH other than a new customer.
2012 they had a retention offer, that required an online acceptance of a 12 month contract... As you can probably imagine, that lasted maybe 2 months... And all contracts from it were immediately dissolved.

Millions of dollars! If you really have that much at stake and legit proof, why don't you simply sue them? Any lawyer would take that on contingency if he smelled a payoff that large...

Get Geoffrey Fieger in there. He's just waiting in his car, and ready to roll.

It's not like you'd be the first person to ever sue them...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)