Out of Sling Adapters?

Sweet ... I just ordered one via the online store in my account. It is good to hear that it is 2 day shipping. Should get it on Monday the latest then.

As an aside ... the online store had 7 foot HDMI cables for $10. Compared to the prices for these cables at retail stores ... this is a steal! Mind you ... if you Google ... you can still get them cheaper ... but $10 is still not bad.

Well, it arrived ... works as advertised on my 722.

I did purchase a powered USB hub (USB3 - four port) and plugged it into the rear USB. I plugged my EHD, WiFi and Sling Adapter in the powered USB hub.

Works great! Watching a recording, in the home it settles down on just over a 4K bit rate, which seems to be what folks are reporting in this forum in general, which I am happy with considering I am completely wireless.

Watching a live channel it did seem to skip and stutter for the first minute while it figured it out. Again, it eventually settled down at the 4K rate and all was good.

I still have to play with it "outside" of the home though.

I will add I really like the powered USB hub. Prior, when I click on "My Media" ... there was a good 5 second lag before it would come up. With the hub, it is instantaneous. Not sure why it would be different ... but I'll take it.

It behaves similar to "TV2" ... I have child restrictions on my TV2 ... so for recordings higher than my restrictions ... it prompted for the code.

The catch is that is uses TV2 though. So I reworked some of my timers to use OTA versus the second tuner. Still a bit of a juggle though to keep that second tuner free. Using OTA also means more disk space use. (This is where the Hopper would come in handy with PTAT and that third tuner.)

I also was not expecting it to be so small. It will come in handy for trips ... or doctor appointments.

You have an open appointment, please complete your request after your appointment is complete.

I ordered mine from amazon after I got the same message you just listed. Apparently Dish does not allow you to buy anything from their store until your appointment is completed. I am really excited to have this to keep up with my Tigers on my iPhone and computer when I'm at my cabin up north this summer. Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts