Out of the NEW Box DSR-922 Feb 5th 2011

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Robert_W

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
SE Iowa
Just starting out, with 'the big one'. Now it seems as if everything needs to be "Reprogrammed" from factory shipped unit.

NOW WHAT DO ANY NEWBIES NEED TO DO?

Good Day Robert,

I'm a little bit short of time at the moment, so I haven't got time to go through all of the steps required to set it up, but the one step I wanted to make sure you avoid if possible is the "Master Reset". It is possible that your receiver, depending how it is currently configured, may have a full set of satellite 'tiles' in it. The 7-step process that is found on some places of the net involve a master reset to get the receiver to work with the HITS service. A master reset will wipe out all of the 'generic' tiles. (If you use option 6, 4, 4 and see satellites tiles that are labelled CF, CB, etc - then you have a full set of tiles and you will want to preserve them). I would hate to see a good set of generics get wiped out accidentally.

If you're looking for some online assistance with the dish, you've found the right place. If you need help from start to finish with someone on the other end of the phone line, you may want to consider enlisting the help of tvropro's services. tvropro has a site dedicated to 4DTV, and he also offers professional assistance for a very inexpensive price. 4DTV Online Only the Best Links

Just starting out, with 'the big one'. Now it seems as if everything needs to be "Reprogrammed" from factory shipped unit.

NOW WHAT DO ANY NEWBIES NEED TO DO?

You should try to determine how old it is because if it is new in the box it has been running on the battery for a long time. It is possible it may need a new battery even if still in a unopened box. If it has the VC2 board that would need to be checked too.

:)

You should try to determine how old it is because if it is new in the box it has been running on the battery for a long time. It is possible it may need a new battery even if still in a unopened box. If it has the VC2 board that would need to be checked too.

I would change it just to be on the safe side.

If it's brand new out of the box yes change the battery unless it's one of the last ones made (2008) Also it will not have any generic maps or do FP until it gets hit once. The generic maps it will never have until 4play can do it. When I got my 922 NITB in 2006 the first thing I had to do was auth it on G1-3 then load the maps & channels. Since G1-3 is mute, you would need to trick it to being on X4 using G-9 then get a hit and load the X4 map to subscribe. Too bad you didn't get it before 1/4 you could have still loaded the Motorola SAC maps with the generics and had a great new receiver.

I thought the VC2 board wasn't needed anymore?

I thought the VC2 board wasn't needed anymore?

It hasn't been needed since October, 2010 when VCII stopped.
Better to just remove it because the lithium battery in the module could still damage the IRD mainboard if it leaks.

one of the last ones made (2008)

That's some Motorola BS we will make a receiver and then shut down the 4096 two years later.

BOO on Motorola

Wonder how many they made in 2008 and who sold them?

That's some Motorola BS we will make a receiver and then shut down the 4096 two years later.

BOO on Motorola

Wonder how many they made in 2008 and who sold them?

Motorola technically is in breach of contract because they are not supporting the receivers for the life expectancy (10 years) They also know we don't have the clout or bucks to fight them so they are laughing in our faces.

Motorola technically is in breach of contract because they are not supporting the receivers for the life expectancy (10 years) They also know we don't have the clout or bucks to fight them so they are laughing in our faces.

Would a criminal complaint be possible? Sounds like fraud so if anyone knows a friendly DA they (M) could get very uncomfortable.

My GI 922 only had a one year warranty with an optional 4 year extended warranty. Not to try to start an argument but I don't see anything in the warranty past 1 year except where it says "years of service", and now I can't find where it said that but it wasn't in the warranty section. And if it was, the 4DTV's are still functioning normally, they just can't decipher that encrypted signal without Motorola's 4096 stream to tell it to. And again, my 922 is a General Instrument.

Thanks, as of today, I am sending it out to get a battery replaced. I did hook up and seen the list of satellites, as G-1 and the others.
It was built 2004 and know of shelf life of 10 years on batterys. I made that decission right away to get battery replaced.

Shall I ask the place who will do my battery to set up to the new mapping?
I do not know if I shall say who the company is that is replacing the battery? Let me say they are from North Carolina.

Thanks, as of today, I am sending it out to get a battery replaced. I did hook up and seen the list of satellites, as G-1 and the others.
It was built 2004 and know of shelf life of 10 years on batterys. I made that decission right away to get battery replaced.

Shall I ask the place who will do my battery to set up to the new mapping?
I do not know if I shall say who the company is that is replacing the battery? Let me say they are from North Carolina.

You mean our good friends at Welcome to ATS Electronics, Inc. ? They are the recommended source for any 4dtv repair, etc.

Bob in Lone Oak, TX

YES,,, that is who I am referring to.
I wonder if they ATS, can get it up to par? For today's C-Band and W5.
W5 is who I plan on having a programming from.

Ok I wanted to get this thread going as if:
Someone who just got their DSR and had a good battery in it:

Now What?
Do I need to do something different at this stage, because of 1/4/11?
Can I still get C-Band stuff that is free?
And/or just get subscribed programming?

Ok I wanted to get this thread going as if:
Someone who just got their DSR and had a good battery in it:

Now What?
Do I need to do something different at this stage, because of 1/4/11?
Can I still get C-Band stuff that is free?
And/or just get subscribed programming?

I use my ol' 920 mainly for the X4 (105deg) subscription stuff now, but occasionally I'll go to T4-600, 601, etc.to watch the free Nebraska PBS stations. Unfortunately, these programs are no longer in the guide, but still viewable.

There are probably other free DC2 channels I don't know about, others can chime in.

With my FTA receiver (actually a DVBWorld PCIe card in my media PC) I watch a lot other free SD and HD (like NASA HD) programming.

For FTA it helps to have a good listing of satellites. See MPEG.

Good luck
Bob in Lone Oak, TX

The Nebraska PBS stations aren't that strong. My 7.5ft Sami dish doesn't get enough signal to get a constant signal lock. I get broken-up video only. If anybody is hunting for those stations, you likely will need a pretty big dish to get then.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts