Out Of Touch And Need Help With FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ok, now that I feel lucky, I guess that I will try to get me a bigger dish and go for the Amazonia1 satellite. Of course it will be a while before I get all my equipment bought.
avenger

Avenger,

From your statement here, I assume that you intend to test the C-Band signals on Amazonas 1. Is this correct?

Otherwise, Amazonas 2 currently has a test or promo Ku-Band signal that is FTA. This has an American beam footprint. I can pull it in tonight with 65% signal quality on my AZBox Premium Plus.

I will attempt to BLIND SCAN 61.0°W and see what else I can bring up, if anything. This will take about 15 minutes, so I will fill you in later if I find any other signals....................

.................Well, I did not pick up anything other than TP 11810 MHz Horizontal 27500 Ks SR from Amazonas "2". My reception is a little "skippy" or broken, but it is a neat promo to view. According to the promo, Amazonas is under the control of Hispasat.

RADAR

Last edited:
Avenger,

From your statement here, I assume that you intend to test the C-Band signals on Amazonas 1. Is this correct?

Otherwise, Amazonas 2 currently has a test or promo Ku-Band signal that is FTA. This has an American beam footprint. I can pull it in tonight with 65% signal quality on my AZBox Premium Plus.

I will attempt to BLIND SCAN 61.0°W and see what else I can bring up, if anything. This will take about 15 minutes, so I will fill you in later if I find any other signals....................

.................Well, I did not pick up anything other than TP 11810 MHz Horizontal 27500 Ks SR from Amazonas "2". My reception is a little "skippy" or broken, but it is a neat promo to view. According to the promo, Amazonas is under the control of Hispasat.

RADAR

AcWxRadar; Well I guess that I am still floundering just a bit, are you saying that we are able to see a section or test promo of Amazonas 2 by using a 36" dish with no problem?.
If so then I will check and see what kind of quality can I get with my 36" dish.
Will report my findings when I have done it.
avenger.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts