Out of Viewing Area ,error mesage #120

dfecarter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
Connecticut
I moved my dish from 110/119W to EA but since I was only using a dual LNB I can only get in 61.5 and 72 now. Now, mind you, I "moved" to zip code 22206 VA) months ago and moved east in order to get the DC locals in HD. You see before I only got a few of the SD DC locals when pointed at 110/119.
Now on all of my locals say "out of viewing area". What do you suppose is the issue? Do they suddenly have a way of determining one's actual location? Or could this be a reception issue? Do you suppose if I throw on a triple EA lnb and peak the signal I'll be ok. I was pretty sure the DC locals were all well within the spotbeam.

The western arc (110, 119) spotbeams for DC have a footprint that stretch toward the northeast into New England, which is why you were able to get some of their stations. The spotbeam on the eastern arc from 61.5 is elongated toward the north west, so that spot doesn't come close to where you are.

oh boy, now it's making more sense, I had been gauging coverage by looking at the SD spotbeams...now a lot of the HD channels in the Dishchannel charts have ??
Can someone please tell if Baltimore , or Phily HD locals could be received in SW Connecticut 06801 via 61.5 or 72W?
Thanks in advance!

the same TP that Philly is on (TP23) so is Boston...but different spotbeams
the same TP that Baltimore is on (TP25) the rest of the Boston locals are on too.....but again different spotbeams

so while you may have a strong signal on that TP its for the Boston locals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)