Outernet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I setup my Pi but have not ordered a USB DVB-S tuner yet, I noticed that the PCTV 460e is discontinued and that the PCTV 461e has issues so I will look for a better option when I get some free time to play around.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Posted this in the FTA Shack, but thought that should add to this thread also.

What to learn more about Outernet and how hobbyists can get involved in this project? Tonight, Outernet Founder/CEO, Syed Farim will be our guest on Satellite Nation Radio.
For more info on Outernet visit www.outernet.is

Tune in tonight at 8P ET - 5P PT right here on radio.satelliteguys.us
Call in number is 877-SAT-GUYS

Also you can catch us on Access America on Galaxy 19(97W) Ku
12115 V 22424
Audio PID 4135

If you have questions or comments Like our Facebook page and post your comment or question
www.facebook.com/satellitenationradio

Reactions: ynnedibanez
Outernet is not a TV or Radio service. It is a data stream and you will not be able to extract the data with a standard set top box. Right now the app is available for a Rasberry and they are working on an Android app. The Amiko A3 should be a great candidate for using the Outernet service!

I must have misunderstood, thought Raspberry Pi plugged into usb port on receiver & need a keyboard! Now wondering!

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Currently, you would use a USB DVBS tuner plugged into a Rasberry PI to receive the Outernet data.

The data port on an STB often is just an upgrade port and on other model STBs, it can provide tuning data. STBs typically only tune services that are identified as a TV or Video service. If a Data service is listed in the TV channel list, the MUX table provides a VPID for video display. If the data service appears in the Radio list, the MUX table incorrectly identifies the data PID as an audio PID. Doesn't change the fact that the data cannot be extracted by the STB.

Outernet is not a TV or Radio service. It is a data stream and you will not be able to extract the data with a standard set top box. Right now the app is available for a Rasberry and they are working on an Android app. The Amiko A3 should be a great candidate for using the Outernet service!
Can you throw more light on how this can be used with the A3? Just getting myself ready for the possible use of the Lantern with the A3 when it arrives.

Yes, the A3 could be used with the Lantern to browse the downloaded material.

I was actually thinking that the A3 could be a candidate for stand-alone device to receive and browse the library. It has a DVBS tuner, capable of also being a content server and is an Android device for running an Outernet app.

Several members have built the Raspberry Pi systems to download the service. I think Wallyhts was the first to build.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)