‘Outlander’ on Starz

This took a little while to get going. They kind of dragged out establishing the character before really starting the story. I almost gave up too soon. I'm glad I stuck with it. Let's see where the series takes me.

"At least 13 episodes". I wonder if we will get 'at least' 13 aired weekly with season two, instead of 8 now and 8 sometime next year? And, of course, the beginning of season two won't air until 2016. At this rate, they won't need makeup to age the actors. By the time Starz gets to the end of the series, they will have aged naturally!

Watched first episode with the Mrs. seems we both liked the show, good enough to set on the DVR, just hope it doesn't flop out like some HBO shows do.

"At least 13 episodes". I wonder if we will get 'at least' 13 aired weekly with season two, instead of 8 now and 8 sometime next year? And, of course, the beginning of season two won't air until 2016. At this rate, they won't need makeup to age the actors. By the time Starz gets to the end of the series, they will have aged naturally!
So true...... I see it with shows I watch on USA etc. You no sooner get into the story and puff its off with its mid season break. For Starz to do it, a premium movie channel(cough cough), means they got zilch to justify their cost so drag it out. If it works I expect other preemies to join suit all in the name of $$$.

I slogged through the first episode, knowing it was all setting up the character(s) and story, but when the 2nd episode was equally a slog-fest, I'm not going to bother with sitting through a third episode just to see if it goes anywhere. Too many other interesting things on, and if it's a "front half now, back half in 6 months" kind of thing, I just don't want to bother with it...

Although I love Jaime on Outlander, Claire has an intriguing chemistry with her husband's evil ancestor, "Black Jack" Randall. What can you tell me about him?
Soon we'll see Claire leave Castle Leoch to visit the surrounding lands, where she'll encounter more English redcoats. And where we find redcoats, we'll find Jack. He'll have a little heart-to-heart with the pretty time traveler that will reveal just how sick, twisted and sadistic he can be. A word of advice: Don't eat before you watch! On a lighter note, expect to see a couple familiar faces — author Diana Gabaldon and series creator Ron Moore — at a lively gathering on Saturday's episode. There will be tartans, booze and bagpipes aplenty!
http://www.tvguide.com/news/mega-bu...=breakingnews&partnerid=yahoo&ftag=yhf09b6e7d

Good! We need more Black Jack! Villainy dominates! So far I can see why some of the viewers see this series as a bore fest but I'm still in it. Typical Starz, hype it for a year and then fizz and depend on the ladies to save it. I like most of the characters well enough. The cruelty of the age is ever present. I just don't want to get to the mid season finale and feel :wtf2.

As 'Outlander' starts strong, Starz plays the niche TV game https://tv.yahoo.com/news/outlander-starts-strong-starz-plays-100000435.html A period drama set in the Scottish Highlands, with a sassy female lead caught in a star-crossed time-travel romance may prove to be a turning point in the evolution of premium cable network Starz, as it faces an uphill climb against its well-heeled rivals.A period drama set in the Scottish Highlands, with a sassy female lead caught in a star-crossed time-travel romance may prove to be a turning point in the evolution of premium cable network Starz, as it faces an uphill climb against its well-heeled rivals.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)