Outlook 2007 Password Prompt

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
Currently running Windows 7 64 bit with Office 2007 Premium Plus. About every 10 or 15 minutes I get a pop up prompting me to renter my password for a second email address I have. I have gone to the Microsoft "Mr. Fixit" but it still occurs. I have gone into account setting and resubmitted the required information on that account but still get the pop up. I have also gone so far as reinstalling Microsoft office but still get the pop up. The email address does work, but that pop up is aggravating to say the least. Any ideas?

In your e-mail account settings in Outlook do your have the remember password box checked under logon information?

If anyone runs into this same issue here is my fix.

Open Outlook
Go to Tools, click on Options (NOT ACCOUNT SETTINGS!!)
Inside Options, click on Mail Set Up, click on Send/Receive
A new pop up window opens, double click on All Accounts, one more window will open.
Inside this new window all email accounts are shown. Select the desired one and reenter all appropriate fields making sure, the saving password option is checked. Restart Outlook.

If you go to Tools, open Account Settings and make any changes to an email account, password saving may be disabled by default resulting in the constant password prompt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts