Outside equipment suggestions, please

the higher the better as it is closer to the satellites........LMAO.....jk
The satellites are 22,300 miles out from the equater. Will 20' of elevation make a difference, a mile is 5,280 ft so 22,300 miles is a lot of ft.the mack needs to open his eyes.

The satellites are 22,300 miles out from the equater. Will 20' of elevation make a difference, a mile is 5,280 ft so 22,300 miles is a lot of ft.the mack needs to open his eyes.

Lol!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

my eyes are wide F'ing open.....are yours?????? what a ................,got almost 8000 post's though, must know what you talking about, real impressive..............shouldn't there be a kneel n' before you screen name????

boba, the letters "jk" stand for "just kidding". ;)

with all the scrutiny I have been getting about proper posting etiquette , guess I should of said, JUST KIDDING......LMFAO....cuz of the beer....

Last edited:
I got the WA dish, as suggested, with the separator, and put in two new RG cables with new connections. I'm having a little difficulty getting it all working. I set the skew, elevation, and azimuth. Then I went to the menu to check the switch. For some reason, I can only get an "OK" on port 2, satellite 110, even and odd, but no signal. It shows it is connected to input 1 as well. It took 2-3 tries just to get it to see it doesn't still have an old Dish 500 and two SW21 switches.

The "details" menu says

Satellite input 1

Port 1 DPP 1K.2 good connection no signal
Port 2 DPP 1K.2 110 even, odd
Port 3 1K.2 good connection no signal
Port 4 extrenal LNB, no connection.

Satellite input 2

In the "point dish" menu, I only have options for Super Dish, Dish 500, and Dish 300.

It's a Dish DVR 512 dp plus receiver.

I shut it off before swapping the dish, then it took 3 tries to get it to see the current set up. Then I shut it off for 30 minutes, and restarted it. Then I shut it off for 15 minutes and pulled the smart card, then reinstalled the smart card and restarted it.

Last edited:
Okay, fooling with the "check switch function, and then going back to "point dish", I went to tuner input 2, spotbeam 27, satellite 110, and I actually got a signal bar, strength 29.

set up help, or tech support needed

My old Dish 500 and SW21 switches were giving up, so i bought a new D1000.2WA and a separator, and installed it today. I also installed two new runs of RG6 cable.

I have a Dish DVR 512 dp plus reciever, which I reset, 3 times. I currently get this message in "details"

Satellite input 1

Satellite input 2

the best I can get is a single spotbeam, 27, on input 2, satellite 110, the signal strength is 29. Any help appreciated.

I merged the threads together.....its easier to follow along with one thread than 2 (plus you posted info in both this thread and the at the time new thread)

I merged the threads together.....its easier to follow along with one thread than 2 (plus you posted info in both this thread and the at the time new thread)

Okay. I decided to start a new thread mainly because the old thread was asking what to buy, and the new thread was seeking technical help, after I bought new equipment. It seemed that a thread with a title asking for tech help, with more concise information and fewer posts might be easier to read and maybe get more responses. but it is your board. Thanks.

update: a little adjusting on azimuth has gotten both 110 and 119 connected, so now all three ports show "OK". The azimuth is not at the 228 they told me to set it at (it's in the book, too).

Still, my signal strength is a lot lower than I'd like. I'm working on peaking the dish on transponder 13, on satellite 119 as they suggest. I have not touched elevation, nor skew. The best I can get right now is 62 on 110, and only 43 on 119. I can get 43 on 119 as well.

The settings they gave me, and the ones in the book, are 228 azimuth, 126 skew, and 35 elevation. The old settings on the Dish 500 were 222 azimuth, 122 skew, and 38 elevation.

I'm not real thrilled with the signal strength, you'd think it would get up to at least 80 or better out of 125. Of course, this new dish 1000 has not seen bad weather (rain is coming), but the old dish 500 constantly quit during any real rain. Before I took it down this afternoon, it had 60 or so signal losses since 3AM. That's just crap.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts