Outside OTA antenna mount

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hiramofks

Original poster
Apr 2, 2010
east-central Kansas
DSC01153.JPG
Does anyone here know where one has to go to find an outside OTA antenna mount (like a stretched Z or S) that attaches to a BUD C-band dish polar mount? I have seen pictures and have been unsuccessfully searching the Internet for vendors. Please advise.

Last edited:
View attachment 138193 Does anyone here know where one has to go to find an outside OTA antenna mount (like a stretched Z or S) that attaches to a BUD C-band dish polar mount? I have seen pictures and have been unsuccessfully searching the Internet for vendors. Please advise.

That looks to me like some custom fabricating. I'm not sure I've ever seen something like that for sale.

As appealing as it looks, I'd imagine it is a nightmare in terms of rigidity. The tubing needs to be much bigger. I'm betting the stiffener was an afterthought. The geometry suggests that the mast will twist and tilt when the antenna catches a substantial wind.

A mast that tall should be guyed at at least one level and you can't do that and preserve the mow-ability.

At my last house, I had a 5ft tall old antenna tripod I bought cheap at an auction. It stood slightly away from my c-band dish so as not to interfere with movement, and had my OTA antennas on it.

I had a spare coax running from the wiring hub box near the c-band dish, to the antennas. It was held down with some old concrete blocks, and a couple old tires (with metal wheels for weight) laying against the bottom 3 sides. I had a 15' mast coming out of it, and it worked perfectly.

Sure looked a lot better than that mess above that looks like it's in the way of the dish moving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts