Over Complicated 5 Bird DirecTV Setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

samuelrock

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
Swamps of LA
Ok, Despite the fact that I once owned a DirecTV Installation business and that my day in and day out is working with electronics, I need some input on this one....

I currently do not have any HD feeds from Dave, I also have a 3 dish setup composed of 3 channel master / andrew type 100 dishes. "What can I say except I hate rain fade"

I would like to add HD to my system but keep my big dishes, even if that means i must add two more dishes to get the spaceway birds!

So the new KA band down converts to 1gig of bandwidth that is broken into A-band and B-band or HI/LO how ever you look at it!

The LO/B-band is in a sub L-band frequency set "In fact its in the cable portion of the spectrum"

The HI/A-band is in the normal L-band world with all other satellite signals.

Is it possible to combine these frequencies out side of Directv official hardware?

I guess i should ask if any one makes a quad KA band lnb that outputs the LO band at 250-750Mhz and the HI band at 1650-2150Mhz.

This way i can just combine all the signals with a combiner and push them into a wide-band multi switch.

Autocad drawing converted to pdf so you can get a image of what I am thinking about!
http://www.piertopier.us/DTV-5-SAT.pdf

Does any one know a LNB that will fit this project and or has any ever tried this?

The 1.2 meter job looks like they are just strapping the directv lnb to a 1.2m dish, Thats a option but use my type 100 dishes.

I just fired a email off to orbitalresearch to see if they can make me a custom LNB or possibly use a standard KA lnb with a down converter to get the KA low band to match what the directv receiver and switch is looking for!

Thanks for the input!

Status
Please reply by conversation.