Over Complicated 5 Bird DirecTV Setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

samuelrock

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
Swamps of LA
Ok, Despite the fact that I once owned a DirecTV Installation business and that my day in and day out is working with electronics, I need some input on this one....

I currently do not have any HD feeds from Dave, I also have a 3 dish setup composed of 3 channel master / andrew type 100 dishes. "What can I say except I hate rain fade"

I would like to add HD to my system but keep my big dishes, even if that means i must add two more dishes to get the spaceway birds!

So the new KA band down converts to 1gig of bandwidth that is broken into A-band and B-band or HI/LO how ever you look at it!

The LO/B-band is in a sub L-band frequency set "In fact its in the cable portion of the spectrum"

The HI/A-band is in the normal L-band world with all other satellite signals.

Is it possible to combine these frequencies out side of Directv official hardware?

I guess i should ask if any one makes a quad KA band lnb that outputs the LO band at 250-750Mhz and the HI band at 1650-2150Mhz.

This way i can just combine all the signals with a combiner and push them into a wide-band multi switch.

Autocad drawing converted to pdf so you can get a image of what I am thinking about!
http://www.piertopier.us/DTV-5-SAT.pdf

Does any one know a LNB that will fit this project and or has any ever tried this?

The 1.2 meter job looks like they are just strapping the directv lnb to a 1.2m dish, Thats a option but use my type 100 dishes.

I just fired a email off to orbitalresearch to see if they can make me a custom LNB or possibly use a standard KA lnb with a down converter to get the KA low band to match what the directv receiver and switch is looking for!

Thanks for the input!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts