Over The Air Antenna on 622

Check out page 6 of this PDF file. It says RF cable connecting from antenna to receiver. Maybe I have confused myself..lol

http://www.bestmediausa.com/ebay/pdf/TOPTRONICS_ANT_MANUAL.pdf

Hopefully this link will work. There is only one screw on RF/ANT/CABLE jack on the left hand side of the receiver rear. It is labeled TV ANT/Cable In. This is where to connect your external TV antenna.

Do not use the jack next to it labeled "REMOTE ANTENNA". That is for the small antenna for the remote to TV2.

Tech Portal : 622 : Receiver Information : Receiver Images

I just asked this same question last week, for the same reason. By the end of the day (thanks to all these groovy SG posters), I had two cheap-ass antennas going into a splitter and then splitting off so I have antenna going into my 622 as well as straight into the back of my TV. Some stations just don't work well, but the CW does, and it is the reason I needed OTA!

While I was down there, I also took my bedroom satellite feed out of the DVR and put it in my TV so I can watch both DVRs on my main screen (because my TV does not have native PIP). Hee hee. I am surprised I haven't strangled myself with all the wires.

In the end, two $3.99 antennas from Big Lots provided me a lot of entertainment value. You should have no problems Icon!!

Well I can confirm that an OTA antenna works great with a diplexer. I've set up the excellent Channelmaster 4221 and joined it to my sat co-ax down to the ViP211.

I did the channel scan and it found 20 locals, even as I am surrounded by 100' trees! And none are lower than 75% strength.

Well, I thought I am about to watch some TV, finally. I can't subscribe to Dish until I get my computer set up, to record the brief period I will have HBO and other premiums.

But I selected all the OTAs and hit Done, and it said it's not going to activate my OTAs until HD is turned on in the receiver, which I own! Bollocks. I called Dish and they confirmed this, and he suggested maybe I can set up a temporary account with HD enabling of $7.00 for the time being. Unfortunately his boss overrulled him though.

So the OTA tuner is useless unless you have an account and the receiver activated. This is the final result we get when corporations are allowed free reign to do whatever they want. This is not a free market. We don't have actual competition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts