SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
Found this video today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good video. I just put a dish on my sons patio at the townhouse they rent. Looks like there's a few smaller dishes in their complex already. Guess it's not a issue there with management.

A little unfair for some folks. What if you liked 4DTV? FTA C-Band? LOL "They can have my OTARD when they pry it from my cold hard fingers"
Sept12 003.JPG

OTARD, IMHO, was written for the benefit of the pizza dish providers, Ku FTA just happened to 'fit'.

I rather to have right to bear arm to have any kind of antennas, C-band, Ham radio antenna, CB radio antenna and scanner radio antenna and many other as well too....:):strike:

Yup.... The HOA out here says you must be prepared to help your neighbors, within 2 miles. One of my neighbors just brought me another dozen "organic" eggs from "cage-less Chickens"! Another (last year) plowed my 160 foot driveway to clear the two feet of snow. I wired a barn for one, there are on grid.

OTARD is for reception. The FCC also has rules for transmitting antennas. Issaquah WA had some extremely restrictive rules, year ago, that hams fought, and got relaxed by insisting that the Public Service antennas, (police and fire) had to follow the same rules.

OTARD, IMHO, was written for the benefit of the pizza dish providers, Ku FTA just happened to 'fit'.

I would say we were lucky OTARD rules were developed when companies like Primestar existed that used the larger dishes. Otherwise 60cm or 75cm might have ended up being the cap for the lower 48 states.

I rather to have right to bear arm to have any kind of antennas, C-band, Ham radio antenna, CB radio antenna and scanner radio antenna and many other as well too....:):strike:

The world needs more hams...

N5XZS....

AcWxRADAR monitoring the repeater.

(Ha!) Just wanted to say hello to a HAM. I do not have a license yet, but my nephews are really trying to persuade me to get started on this.
I say AMEN to you and Toucan-man's comments! I wonder how the actual OTARD rules read regarding HAM towers? The actual antenna could
be under 1M (I don't know what the shortest length could be for the actual antenna). I would have to revisit my days of antenna theory from 30
years ago to figure that out, but my nephew has built a project antenna for his local HAM club which worked and it was under one meter.

However, what about restrictions on the tower if a tower is needed? I am personally not looking for any specific answers as I and my nephews
are not in any HOA or under restrictions of any sort. Just wanted to chat and bring up the notion for further comments.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.