Over The Air Signals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dstritt

Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
We had an HR-20 that went bad. DirectTV replaced it with and HR-22. With the HR-20 we had our antenna hooked up to it to get our local channels in HD over the air. The HR-22 doesn't have that capability. Our current television doesn't have an HD tuner built in so we have to rely on the sat box for tuning HD. Is there some other way we can accomplish this without replacing our current HD-ready television?

Thank you.

We had an HR-20 that went bad. DirectTV replaced it with and HR-22. With the HR-20 we had our antenna hooked up to it to get our local channels in HD over the air. The HR-22 doesn't have that capability. Our current television doesn't have an HD tuner built in so we have to rely on the sat box for tuning HD. Is there some other way we can accomplish this without replacing our current HD-ready television?

Thank you.
Call D* back and let them know that you DO use your OTA set up and would like a AM - 21 to go with your HR-22, they should send it to you free (maybe shipping) tell them you want it free seeing that the old box did your OTA before.

They should send you one out , when you get it, hook it up and run thru the set up and you'll be good to go.

The AM21 is the stand alone OTA set up D* came out with to support OTA after the series of rec's they sent out that didn't have this feature in it anymore.

I don't think they realized how many were using the OTA set ups ... thier hope is to have those OTA users to move to the D* delivered locals, but they have a way to go to get everyone covered yet.

Jimbo

Yeah they should send you one.

I did call DirectTv and asked them before posting on here. They told me they didn't have anything. I will call the retention dept and see what kind of help I get from them. Thank you for all your help.

I did call DirectTv and asked them before posting on here. They told me they didn't have anything. I will call the retention dept and see what kind of help I get from them. Thank you for all your help.

They didn't have any, any what ?
They have to have the AM21's available.

Guy's I don't have a HR22, but the AM 21 does work with the HR22 right ?

If not, ask D* for a HR20, it would be refurbed, but I have a refurbed one and it has worked great.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)