Overclocked Raspberry Pi4 8 gig

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Comptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Travelers Rest SC
Work in progress, but have it running at 2.1 gigs and a GPU clock of 650 with no problems. Running rasperian with update Lee on my 5520SE perfect. Can't believe how smooth the video is. Best 100 bucks I ever spent. Have it booting off a spare NVMe 512 drive. Pretty sweet.

Reactions: KE4EST
Did you see the new Pi4 in a keyboard? Shades of Amiga 500!

Did you see the new Pi4 in a keyboard?
Couldn't help but see it here. I got multiple emails about it and it was in my news feed, on launch. Reminds me of the likes of Commodore 64, Atari 800XL, ZX Spectrum days.

Reactions: Foxbat
I saw it, but my cooling tower won't work with it. Looks cool and yes I remember those early PC's, but a Pi4 overclocked is awesome, I don't think you could keep it cool in that keyboard enclosure. I might try though, it will always throttle down if needed.

Found a another use for it. Bluetooth is strong, browsing the net tonight while listening to a Roy Orbison album . Don't worry I am old, but that old, jamming to Meatloaf earlier! The Pi is in my bedroom and the bluetooth sound bar is mounted over the TV in the living room.

Next question, has anybody tried Twister OS yet, some say it's great some say it's lame. I am looking for the ultimate OS for the 400 and so far the Buster release seems to be the best, but only 32 bit. Ubunto 64 bit seems to be slower. Anybody with Pi's guide me to a fast operating system that will replace a desktop. Buster is fine, but know it has more potential, and the 64 bit version is available but still very buggy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)