Overly aggressive D* sales

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mobimop

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
Southwest
The next time I get ambushed by a D* sales person at BB who won't leave me alone it will get ugly! Do they really get sales that way? I haven't ever experienced such pushy people in my life!

I had to say NO, NO, NO get the heck out of my face last weekend, very embarrassing. One of the BB staff came over afterwards and said the store staff have a wager on how many days till the D* sales rep is punched out. :eek:

The next time I get ambushed by a D* sales person at BB who won't leave me alone it will get ugly! Do they really get sales that way? I haven't ever experienced such pushy people in my life!

I had to say NO, NO, NO get the heck out of my face last weekend, very embarrassing. One of the BB staff came over afterwards and said the store staff have a wager on how many days till the D* sales rep is punched out. :eek:

You do realize that wasn't a Directv employee, yes?

Iceberg said:
heh at most BB they have nobody manning the table :)

Can't stand them. I've walked out twice because nobody came to assist me buying a tv. I ended up buying from amazon and saved some money.
Best buy is reminding me of circuit city. The worst customer service ive ever come across.
Don't these stores get it?? Customer service is everything.
People will just buy on line. No hassles or indifferent sales people.
New place opened up called Hhgregg
I'm not impressed.

At our Best Buy the guy is normally selling both DIRECTV and COMCAST as his table. Which I find funny since the town the Best Buy is in is not serviced by Comcast.

I just tell them I already have DirecTV (which I do) and they walk away. If you already have Direct or not, just tell them you do

All of the BestBuys by my house have sales reps from DirecTV and HP (or employees disguised as sales reps)

So who thinks the op will ever (never) come back to this thread?

Last edited:
We dont have any Direct reps at ours and for a while no equipment. I dont even think when BB had equipment there were Direct reps. I know when I bought one of my first systems the sale was done by a BB employee

Well I got a surprise this past weekend, when I went into our Menards & THEY even now had 2 DirecTV salesguys, right by the kitchen appliances. :eek:
(for those who don't know, Menards is like a Lowes...)

I walk right past the D* salesperson and don't even acknowledge their existence. It's the same thing I've done to Best Buy employees for a while. I'm sick of having one employee watch me tell another that I am fine and then walking up right behind them and asking me if I need help. I think their job descriptions include "annoy the living snot out of every customer you see".

I don't respond, I don't look at them. They're usually quite surprised and at times act stunned that their annoyance was totally ignored.

Sam's Club has also had these D* sales people for some time.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I walk right past the D* salesperson and don't even acknowledge their existence. It's the same thing I've done to Best Buy employees for a while. I'm sick of having one employee watch me tell another that I am fine and then walking up right behind them and asking me if I need help. I think their job descriptions include "annoy the living snot out of every customer you see".

It's called "working on commission".

I just tell them I already have DirecTV (which I do) and they walk away. If you already have Direct or not, just tell them you do

yep. I do that at the grocery store too. They have a bank in the store and folks are always trying to get you to sign up for their service. I say "already have it and love it" and keep walking :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)