Overrated and Underrated players in the NFL?

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Who do you think are some of the the NFL's most underrated and overrated players?

My choices:

Underrated

Thomas Jones- You think the Bears would still want him? He's given the Jets a nice RB, proving that there is life after Curtis Martin.

Willie Parker- When he's healthy, he's scary.

Michael Turner- He was L.T.'s backup, but still known to break off big plays from time to time as a Charger. As a full-time guy, he gives Atlanta a stud RB that reminds me of Jamal Anderson.

Jeff Garcia- He gets overshadowed in his own division by flashy gunslingers like Brees and Delhomme, but can put up big numbers (see his San Fran years) and will a team to victory (Tampa Bay's second-half comeback against K.C.). Plus, he has a smoking hot wide to boot.

Andre Johnson- Right guy, wrong team. If you put him in Arizona, he's be beyond scary!

Greg Jennings- He gives Green Bay a touchdown-machine at wideout that reminds me of the great Stering Sharpe.

Bernard Berrian- He doesn't have a ton of catches, but is a big-play guy. He had 104 yards on TWO catches last Sunday. The Bears would be better off if they kept him!

Overrated

Brian Westbrook- He doesn't have THAT many 100-yard games and is not a touchdown machine like other two-way offensive players. I would rather have a guy with tons of touchdowns and few yards than tons of yards and fewer touchdowns. Give me LenDale White over this guy anyday!

Jay Cutler- I know he hasn't been around long, but he is so wildly inconsistent. One day, he looks like a god, and the next, he looks like a blindfolded beer-leaguer.

Frank Gore- He had one great year and is still living off it.

Vernon Davis- HOW did he get selected #6 in the 2006 NFL Draft?

Who do you think are some of the the NFL's most underrated and overrated players?

My choices:

Underrated

Thomas Jones- You think the Bears would still want him? He's given the Jets a nice RB, proving that there is life after Curtis Martin.

agreed.

Willie Parker- When he's healthy, he's scary.

absolutely agreed!

Michael Turner- He was L.T.'s backup, but still known to break off big plays from time to time as a Charger. As a full-time guy, he gives Atlanta a stud RB that reminds me of Jamal Anderson.

right again!

Jeff Garcia- He gets overshadowed in his own division by flashy gunslingers like Brees and Delhomme, but can put up big numbers (see his San Fran years) and will a team to victory (Tampa Bay's second-half comeback against K.C.). Plus, he has a smoking hot wide to boot.

IMO, Garcia is neither underrated or overrated.

Andre Johnson- Right guy, wrong team. If you put him in Arizona, he's be beyond scary!

Johnson would be ELITE if he had a top tier QB.

Greg Jennings- He gives Green Bay a touchdown-machine at wideout that reminds me of the great Stering Sharpe.

He's okay.

Bernard Berrian- He doesn't have a ton of catches, but is a big-play guy. He had 104 yards on TWO catches last Sunday. The Bears would be better off if they kept him!

Very underrated!!

Overrated

Brian Westbrook- He doesn't have THAT many 100-yard games and is not a touchdown machine like other two-way offensive players. I would rather have a guy with tons of touchdowns and few yards than tons of yards and fewer touchdowns. Give me LenDale White over this guy anyday!

I like Westbrook.

Jay Cutler- I know he hasn't been around long, but he is so wildly inconsistent. One day, he looks like a god, and the next, he looks like a blindfolded beer-leaguer.

I have to disagree................Cutler is a BEAST!! ;) :D

Frank Gore- He had one great year and is still living off it.

Agreed.

Vernon Davis- HOW did he get selected #6 in the 2006 NFL Draft?

Very good question!

:D:up

I will have to disagree big time with this. Brian Westbrook is underrated if anything. You saw the Eagles flutter when Westbrook was injured earlier on in the season. His impact is huge. Plus, he's not one dimensional. He's just as valuable as a receiver as he is a rusher.

And comparing him to that chubby rusher (LenDale) in Tennessee?! Come on! Through 8 games, LenDale has 404 yards rushing with 10 TD's, with only 8 measly yards receiving. In 6 games, Westy has 422 yards rushing with 6 TD's and 174 yards receieving with 2 TD's.

LenDale's numbers are similar to what Westy has done in 6 games. Philly is a more balanced attack though. LeDale is simply a product of a stought offensive line and team that runs their entire offense through their 2 RB's.

My choices:

I agree. Overall, he may be the most underrated player in the league. I've been clamoring about how good this guy is for a while now. The numbers he consistently puts up are right up there with the best wideouts in the league. If he was on a team that wasn't mediocre, he would finally gain the attention he deserves.

Agree again. :up

Through 8 games, LenDale has 404 yards rushing with 10 TD's, with only 8 measly yards receiving. In 6 games, Westy has 422 yards rushing with 6 TD's and 174 yards receieving with 2 TD's.

10 touchdowns to 2 and Lendale's team has a better record.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)