Overrated Teams So Far?....

Well , where they were WHEN they played is how they are listed on the schedule. And why not allow for a team they will play.
Seriously? Well Carolina plays LSU next year so I guess I'll just chalk that up as a W and we should be ranked in the top 5. :rolleyes: You can only be measured on what you've done, not what you hope to do.

So beating a team that may have just got into the top 25 counts over a team that was top 25 at the time you played them , is better ????
There's only one real ranking, the one at the end of the year. All the preseason and early season rankings are BS. Everyone knows this. South Carolina was #14. On what planet? Since when is a 6-5 team considered good? Clemson started the year 2-3, but 2 of those losses were to top 10 teams, not so bad. Now we can see that Clemson is a good team. If you go by rankings as they were everyone in the country could say they beat a ranked team. Michigan was ranked at one point. Care to defend that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
Well , where they were WHEN they played is how they are listed on the schedule. And why not allow for a team they will play.

Seriously? Well Carolina plays LSU next year so I guess I'll just chalk that up as a W and we should be ranked in the top 5. You can only be measured on what you've done, not what you hope to do.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
So beating a team that may have just got into the top 25 counts over a team that was top 25 at the time you played them , is better ????

There's only one real ranking, the one at the end of the year. All the preseason and early season rankings are BS. Everyone knows this. South Carolina was #14. On what planet? Since when is a 6-5 team considered good? Clemson started the year 2-3, but 2 of those losses were to top 10 teams, not so bad. Now we can see that Clemson is a good team. If you go by rankings as they were everyone in the country could say they beat a ranked team. Michigan was ranked at one point. Care to defend that?

As for your comical quote about who you will play next year , SERIOUSLY ???
We have to at least stick with the current season.
Hell, if I could put a few years back Buckeyes Offense with this years D, we might be on to something, but we both know thats can't happen ....

You've run this conversation right off track now.

You got me there. They have come on strong lately. Gotta give them their due. I still can't figure out how they lost Maryland though. :eek:

Believe it or not, I called this one.

A Clemson grad buddy and I have a coined phrase for this type of Clemson loss.

I once equated Clemson to the REALLY smoking hot girl in high school, who gets a raging case of herpes once a year.

So, it's forever known as: The Valtrex game. I predicted this one this year - on the road, at a crappy Maryland team, etc etc etc. Too easy :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)