Overrated Teams So Far?....

Yes they are. They pulled a rabbit out of the hat today. It'll be interesting to see what happens next week against the U. VT might get shutout. And Carolina's defense will bury them too.

Every week, I say that, and Beamer, Bud Carson, and Tyrod Taylor keep proving me wrong.

No...UCS blows through every topped ranked team above them including those in other conferences, every single year. The problem is, they often under perform against the mediocre teams (cough Oregon and Notre Dame), and it is this that usually drops them in their ranking. This has nothing to do with their talent or ability to win, it has to do with their motivation (coaching is partially to blame). With a semi new coaching staff, hopefully this one and only negative will change.

BTW, did anyone see their band get booed at Dodger stadium during the 7th inning stretch? Most Dodger fans are UCLA fans (unlike myself)
Told ya'll....

The Miami game will be interesting, but one word of caution- the Hurricanes have won only twice in Blacksburg since 1995 (2-6).

I like Miami chances. VaTech has a weak offense since they lost their starting RB before the season started. The U's defense IMPROVED when they got their starting defensive back for the GaTech game.

USC has 1 bad loss each year for the past four years it seems like to me.

oregon state last year.

Infamous stanford game year before.

ucla the year before that.

seems like a trend to me, lose to a nobody run the table win a bowl game..

I see Cal beating them and winning the Pac10 this year.
I've heard that claim for about 5 years now. :rolleyes: Do me a favor though. If USC does win that game don't come here the next day like fans of a certain team that lost to USC and claim they were just playing for a moral victory. :D

I have no dog in that fight either way. Ive said before I wanted USC to run the tables so FLA could kick their ass and shut up all those USC fans. But they cant even bet by Washington for the right to play FLA in Jan.

But watching Cals Offense, and USCs lack there of, makes me think Cal can win.

I have no dog in that fight either way. Ive said before I wanted USC to run the tables so FLA could kick their ass and shut up all those USC fans. But they cant even bet by Washington for the right to play FLA in Jan.

But watching Cals Offense, and USCs lack there of, makes me think Cal can win.
They might win that game. I just try not to judge USC by one game, considering they did beat Ohio St last week. Florida didn't go undefeated either of the last 2 times they won the NC. It'd have been stupid to judge the Gators solely on the Ole Miss game last year. Today's game was close, and Barkley didn't even play.

USC looked like a not very good football team today. I see more losses for them down the road.
They do this every single year. They can outplay all of the best teams and seem to play crappy against the unranked teams. It was all of the fumbles that did it this time.

different staff, i dont care 1 is powerhouse other is not

lets not forget in south/sw/se lots of these schools can practice allday long if they want outside all year cant say that for northern schools so usc ie has had a year to put gameplan in place for huskies and still couldnt get job done
PATHETIC!

different staff, i dont care 1 is powerhouse other is not

lets not forget in south/sw/se lots of these schools can practice allday long if they want outside all year cant say that for northern schools so usc ie has had a year to put gameplan in place for huskies and still couldnt get job done
PATHETIC!

LMAO!! Not if the sames coaches that put those game plans together are coaching ON ANOTHER TEAM....sorry, not buying it. I think this is a different team and the performance so far has shown they are not the lame ducks of last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)