Wie: Skipping LPGA Major for Men's PGA Event

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
ESPN - LPGA veterans question why Wie is skipping major for PGA Tour event - Golf

As long as Michelle Wie continues to derail her own career by playing on the men's tour instead of first being competitive in a women's major tournament, she'll be considered a joke by some of her LPGA peers. Golfers Annika Sorenstam, Helen Alfreddson, and Paula Creamer didn't mince words about Wie's decision to skip the Women's British Open this week in favor of playing in the Legends Reno-Tahoe Open.

• Says Sorenstam: "I really don't know why Michelle continues to do this. We have a major this week and, if you can't qualify for a major, I don't see any reason why you should play with the men."

• Says Alfreddson: "I feel kind of sad for her. I think she's a very good person. I feel sad for the guidance that she seems to not have in the right direction."

• Says Creamer: "I think, if she wants to be a golfer, she should really concentrate on being on the women's tour and dealing with them and learning to win. Winning is what we are out here for, but I just don't see the interest really on being on the men's tour. I thought she had quit that idea but obviously not."

Damn. When will this girl learn??

She better learn how to win in her own backyard first!!!

Yeah, with the exception of the tournament that she got disqualified in this year. She has been awful on the women's tour. I bet she finishes dead last in the men's event.

Sideshow act.

The guilty, IMHO? First her father. Second, ESPN, which hypes her stupid act as if it were something to be serious. Third, Nike, which pays her big money for acomplishing nothing.

A few years ago Wie entered the Men's Public Links. The winner gets a courtesy once-in-a-lifetime invite to The Masters. It is supposed to be limited to people who do not have access to country clubs, which would have excluded Wie. ESPN covered the whole thing as "Wie attempts to qualify for The Masters".

It is a sad joke and the people in charge of the PGA need to tell her to go away.

, which hypes her stupid act as if it were something to be serious.

If you're going to be hyped, you have to be good enough/worthy of it.

A few years ago, around the same time, Wie was getting so much adulation and hype, some other guy got a lot of attention and hype:

nba_g_lebron_dunk_268.jpg

Gee, I wonder how that other guy turned out...

She finally won an F-n' tournament! That's what! When I heard that, I was guessing she must be around 27 or 28 years old by now!

Still a sideshow. One win, which places her in a tie for last place with 1000 other LPGA golfers on the all-time wins list. This coming in a nothing short-field end of year tournament.

Still a sideshow. One win, which places her in a tie for last place with 1000 other LPGA golfers on the all-time wins list. This coming in a nothing short-field end of year tournament.

Plus it doesn't count on the LPGA since it is not a sanctioned event.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts