Own you very own news truck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ahh Local 6 from Orlando...

They moved over to HD which this truck does not support. That might be the reason why they are getting rid of this old beast. :)

I've got video of guys working in that truck during the brush fires we had years ago. I will post it when I find it. WDBO in Orlando had a big vehicle they used for promotions but they stopped using it . It was called the WDBO Starship and was driven around by Dutch Schaffer. They got rid of it years ago .

Ahh Local 6 from Orlando...

They moved over to HD which this truck does not support. That might be the reason why they are getting rid of this old beast. :)
True, but I can hear the thoughts running through your head nonetheless. "Scott's Head" broadcasting live from CES2010 from the SatelliteGuys 1 mobile studio. Besides, you can always reengineer the old beast. Hmmm. I wonder what VOOM did with all the equipment in their HD production studios? :rolleyes: :)

Coool!!! :cool:

Would this be in violation of HOA rules like Iceberg has to deal with??? :confused:

I know it is an uplink truck but it probably could be set up to receive too and get around the stinking rules that some of us have to deal with! Instead of a "port-a-bud" you can have a "mo-bile-bud". But just the sight of this vehicle in the neighborhood would have positive results!!! ;)

The equipment is mostly 90s vintage, three Beta SP decks (the BVW-70 being the best of them by far, the PVWs used too much plastic). Nice Tektronix waveform/vector monitors... Plenty of unused rack space. Could definitely benefit from a complete digital overhaul (SDI) and HD capability. Would make a nice motorhome substitute for those long, boring road trips :) ...

The equipment is mostly 90s vintage, three Beta SP decks (the BVW-70 being the best of them by far, the PVWs used too much plastic). Nice Tektronix waveform/vector monitors... Plenty of unused rack space. Could definitely benefit from a complete digital overhaul (SDI) and HD capability. Would make a nice motorhome substitute for those long, boring road trips :) ...
Now THAT is one delightful thought. I wonder if they would take my old one (motor home that is) in trade!

I think it would be a waste to just use it as a motor home. But it would take quite a bit to upgrade a lot of the equipment.

To use it as just a motorhome would be a waste, but a mobile studio/uplink center with sleeping quarters and perhaps a small john would give new meaning to camping trips ;) ...

Eh.. No "Buy it now" button. No thanks, I don't like playing auctions. ;)

I doubt it will go for much more than the opening bid price.

EDIT: Grrrr, its a manual. I don't drive a stick shift :( ...

Last edited:
I take it you do not LIVE in a motorhome -- we live in two. The size and quality of that generator by itself is worth 1/2 the price. And the time it would save in the cold and rain seting up the dish, AND the stability of the dish and therefore the signal. It is perfect for a motorhome!

And NO tounge in cheek either. I could figure out a sleeper and potty room for it also!

I think it would be a waste to just use it as a motor home. But it would take quite a bit to upgrade a lot of the equipment.

I take it you do not LIVE in a motorhome -- we live in two. The size and quality of that generator by itself is worth 1/2 the price. And the time it would save in the cold and rain seting up the dish, AND the stability of the dish and therefore the signal. It is perfect for a motorhome!

And NO tounge in cheek either. I could figure out a sleeper and potty room for it also!

I have no doubt a bathroom and sleeping quarters could be figured out or it. I just think it's a waste to just use it as a mobile home because it's made for uplinks. You'd have to rip out most of the equipment, and then you'd just be buying it for the generator and the dish pretty much.

Tron said:
Rip out one of those nearly empty racks and you'd have room for the john :D ...

If you wouldn't be having ladies come by just put an empty 2-liter in there. Save the rack space for electronics. Maybe my priorities are messed up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)