Owned 622 Lease Fee ????

A

AJF

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 5, 2003
466
2
I activated my 622 last month which I bought from Dishstore.net for $499 also upgraded to PlatinumHD and on this months Dish bill I see a $6.58 Leased Receiver Fee !!!

I call Dish (India) and Punjab asks (in a very polite way) if I can prove that I purchased the receiver ! I say, "How about YOU prove that I leased it from Dish" . After about 20 minutes and being put on hold about 5 times while he speaks to a supervisor, he straightens it out .

I hope .
 
jmd102354

jmd102354

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Jan 28, 2005
445
0
PA
AJF said:
I activated my 622 last month which I bought from Dishstore.net for $499 also upgraded to PlatinumHD and on this months Dish bill I see a $6.58 Leased Receiver Fee !!!

I call Dish (India) and Punjab asks (in a very polite way) if I can prove that I purchased the receiver ! I say, "How about YOU prove that I leased it from Dish" . After about 20 minutes and being put on hold about 5 times while he speaks to a supervisor, he straightens it out .

I hope .

I went through the same thing with the idiots in billing. I had to go through the Executive Office in order to get it fixed.
 
hobojoe

hobojoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 8, 2006
492
0
so caif usa
:no DISH IS REALLY SCREWING UP!!! they view the 622 differently with lease fees and phone fees and dvr fees and hd enabling fees and a very spacial just because fee. I'm shire i missed something but its too confusing too unnecessary of a way to make a buck. they should have made the lease fee $10 and drop the rest. i really think there going to lose a lot of customers over this greed!:(
 
VegasVoomer

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 3, 2004
663
31
Las Vegas
Is there supposed to be a DVR fee if you own the 622? I never understood why there should be a fee for such a thing. If I own my 622 why should I have to pay extra to record to it?
 
G

grb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 7, 2005
809
0
Southern CA
VegasVoomer said:
Is there supposed to be a DVR fee if you own the 622? I never understood why there should be a fee for such a thing. If I own my 622 why should I have to pay extra to record to it?
There are no DVR fees if you subscribe to the Platinum package.
 
MikeD-C05

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
27,779
19,298
Nederland , Texas
boba said:
All programming packages below do incur the $5.98 DVR fee because DISH can charge it.:) :) :)


With the Platinum pack there is no dvr fee and your hd channels are 15.00 instead of 20.00 with the Gold pack and below.
 
Claude Greiner

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
13,225
3,776
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
Sounds like Dish tagged it as a leased receiver when you bought it. Give me a call at the dishstore if this is not resolved and I can get this fixed!
 
BFG

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
8,207
0
Orlando
he already fixed it. He just felt like creating a thread to tell us so :rolleyes:
 
A

AJF

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 5, 2003
466
2
BFG said:
he already fixed it. He just felt like creating a thread to tell us so :rolleyes:

No BFA, I started this thread so that others that activate their receivers are aware of it and keep an eye on their bills after doing so .

Thanks for your offer to help Claude .
 

Similar threads

yaz96
Replies
2
Views
1K
bhelms
B
J
Replies
18
Views
3K
digiblur
digiblur
DishDave
Replies
3
Views
957
BFG
N
Replies
13
Views
3K
old corps
O
tankerman
Replies
2
Views
1K
tankerman
tankerman

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Top