Owned 622 Lease Fee ????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AJF

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2003
I activated my 622 last month which I bought from Dishstore.net for $499 also upgraded to PlatinumHD and on this months Dish bill I see a $6.58 Leased Receiver Fee !!!

I call Dish (India) and Punjab asks (in a very polite way) if I can prove that I purchased the receiver ! I say, "How about YOU prove that I leased it from Dish" . After about 20 minutes and being put on hold about 5 times while he speaks to a supervisor, he straightens it out .

I hope .

AJF said:
I activated my 622 last month which I bought from Dishstore.net for $499 also upgraded to PlatinumHD and on this months Dish bill I see a $6.58 Leased Receiver Fee !!!

I call Dish (India) and Punjab asks (in a very polite way) if I can prove that I purchased the receiver ! I say, "How about YOU prove that I leased it from Dish" . After about 20 minutes and being put on hold about 5 times while he speaks to a supervisor, he straightens it out .

I hope .

I went through the same thing with the idiots in billing. I had to go through the Executive Office in order to get it fixed.

:no DISH IS REALLY SCREWING UP!!! they view the 622 differently with lease fees and phone fees and dvr fees and hd enabling fees and a very spacial just because fee. I'm shire i missed something but its too confusing too unnecessary of a way to make a buck. they should have made the lease fee $10 and drop the rest. i really think there going to lose a lot of customers over this greed!:(

Is there supposed to be a DVR fee if you own the 622? I never understood why there should be a fee for such a thing. If I own my 622 why should I have to pay extra to record to it?

VegasVoomer said:
Is there supposed to be a DVR fee if you own the 622? I never understood why there should be a fee for such a thing. If I own my 622 why should I have to pay extra to record to it?
There are no DVR fees if you subscribe to the Platinum package.

boba said:
All programming packages below do incur the $5.98 DVR fee because DISH can charge it.:) :) :)

With the Platinum pack there is no dvr fee and your hd channels are 15.00 instead of 20.00 with the Gold pack and below.

BFG said:
he already fixed it. He just felt like creating a thread to tell us so :rolleyes:

No BFA, I started this thread so that others that activate their receivers are aware of it and keep an eye on their bills after doing so .

Thanks for your offer to help Claude .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)