Owned 622 Lease Fee ????

AJF

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2003
I activated my 622 last month which I bought from Dishstore.net for $499 also upgraded to PlatinumHD and on this months Dish bill I see a $6.58 Leased Receiver Fee !!!

I call Dish (India) and Punjab asks (in a very polite way) if I can prove that I purchased the receiver ! I say, "How about YOU prove that I leased it from Dish" . After about 20 minutes and being put on hold about 5 times while he speaks to a supervisor, he straightens it out .

I hope .

AJF said:
I activated my 622 last month which I bought from Dishstore.net for $499 also upgraded to PlatinumHD and on this months Dish bill I see a $6.58 Leased Receiver Fee !!!

I call Dish (India) and Punjab asks (in a very polite way) if I can prove that I purchased the receiver ! I say, "How about YOU prove that I leased it from Dish" . After about 20 minutes and being put on hold about 5 times while he speaks to a supervisor, he straightens it out .

I hope .

I went through the same thing with the idiots in billing. I had to go through the Executive Office in order to get it fixed.

:no DISH IS REALLY SCREWING UP!!! they view the 622 differently with lease fees and phone fees and dvr fees and hd enabling fees and a very spacial just because fee. I'm shire i missed something but its too confusing too unnecessary of a way to make a buck. they should have made the lease fee $10 and drop the rest. i really think there going to lose a lot of customers over this greed!:(

Is there supposed to be a DVR fee if you own the 622? I never understood why there should be a fee for such a thing. If I own my 622 why should I have to pay extra to record to it?

VegasVoomer said:
Is there supposed to be a DVR fee if you own the 622? I never understood why there should be a fee for such a thing. If I own my 622 why should I have to pay extra to record to it?
There are no DVR fees if you subscribe to the Platinum package.

boba said:
All programming packages below do incur the $5.98 DVR fee because DISH can charge it.:) :) :)

With the Platinum pack there is no dvr fee and your hd channels are 15.00 instead of 20.00 with the Gold pack and below.

BFG said:
he already fixed it. He just felt like creating a thread to tell us so :rolleyes:

No BFA, I started this thread so that others that activate their receivers are aware of it and keep an eye on their bills after doing so .

Thanks for your offer to help Claude .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)