Owned vs leased recievers

uhf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
Iowa
I currently have an owned DVR508 on my account, but I need to move to Eastern Arc due to LOS issues, I simply can't see 129 from my property and 61.5 isn't carrying some of the newer channels.

If I switch to leasing a DVR625, will my bill increase? I think they are now charging the same monthly fee for a leased or an owned receiver. I already have two other DVRs on the account, so am paying the $6.00 dvr fee.

wrong dvr

I currently have an owned DVR508 on my account, but I need to move to Eastern Arc due to LOS issues, I simply can't see 129 from my property and 61.5 isn't carrying some of the newer channels.

If I switch to leasing a DVR625, will my bill increase? I think they are now charging the same monthly fee for a leased or an owned receiver. I already have two other DVRs on the account, so am paying the $6.00 dvr fee.

Only MPEG 4 DVR's will work w/ EA. That would be 622, 722, 722k, & 922. The 625 wouldn't work with the EA. It may be your best bet is to get 3 211k's and add the ext HDD's to them. That may make it so that you won't get dinged too bad for having multiple DVR's. Also if you are still running SD TV's then you could use the 2nd output on one of the DVR's to help there as well and only have 2 HD DVR's to reduce the equipment fees that multi-DVR's will charge you. So you may think of going with the 722k or new 922 for 1 DVR then the 211k for the last receiver w/ a ext HDD. The activation fee for the ext HDD will be necessary for the 211k and I think that is 30 (1 time fee).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts