Owning your Dish equipment vs leasing

That should be illegal. Shouldn't it? Amazon sells returned items as refurbished even if there is nothing wrong with them. There is always a chance a refurbished item could break compared to brand new. :shh
I've have found on cell phones that "Amazon Renewed" products are in pristine condition. But they have only a 90 day warranty.
There is always a chance that a brand-new item can break, which is how so many of them end up getting refurbished, even for a brand-new product that just came out on the market.
Do these purchases of refurbished equipment come with a full 1yr warranty? If so, then sktrus probably doesn't care what it is.

LOL! And the apparent HwS picture is upside down.
I still see the upside-down Hopper 3. There is a tiny 3 next to the Hopper logo, and it has the red racing stripe across the top of the pictured receiver. (Across the bottom of the receiver if it were right side up.) However, I did look up the Hopper With Sling on Solid Signal's site. What they had pictured there was right side up, but it was an original Hopper, no Sling.

Reactions: charlesrshell
They tacked "With Sling" on the bottom of the picture, rather than taking a picture of one with the actual Hopper With Sling logo on the receiver.

I still see the upside-down Hopper 3. There is a tiny 3 next to the Hopper logo, and it has the red racing stripe across the top of the pictured receiver. (Across the bottom of the receiver if it were right side up.) However, I did look up the Hopper With Sling on Solid Signal's site. What they had pictured there was right side up, but it was an original Hopper, no Sling.
Yup; you are right. I just looked at my H3 and it does indeed say "Hopper 3 with Sling". Perhaps the OP who claimed it was the wrong Hopper didn't notice the "3" as I didn't either (until you pointed that out).

They tacked "With Sling" on the bottom of the picture, rather than taking a picture of one with the actual Hopper With Sling logo on the receiver.
At least they got that picture right side up!

I wouldn't be surprised if Hopper3 warranty is mere 90 days. That's a shame. One whole year is apparently too long. Another reason why I always check Costco before electronics purchases. Their 5 year warranty (with their card) is simply unbeatable.

NyDutch; I have a question. Do the packages cost the same with this type of account? Can you activate/deactivate whenever u want with no limitations? U would think Dish would loose tremendous amount of money if there is no steady monthly payments from us.
Crodrules covered your question (Thanks!), so I'll just add that none of my purchased equipment was bought directly from Dish. My first receiver, a 211K, came from a commercial eBay seller, and both of my Hopper 22's came from Solid Signal along with our Joey. The 211K was sold on an RV forum after we bought the second H2. Our three 1000.4 dishes, two permanent, one portable, came from various sources, including eBay, a friendly Dish retailer, and a recovery from a burned out house.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Latest posts